Username: Password:

Author Topic: Play Want Bin - Octogenarian Edition  (Read 258 times)

Re: Play Want Bin - Octogenarian Edition
« Reply #15: October 12, 2017, 04:58:45 AM »
I am just playing Fortnite: Battle Royale. That’s all.

It’s fun, I’m sure there are things about it that aren’t as good as PUBG but it’s a very addictive game, plays pretty well and has some interesting mechanics. From the online chat it sounds like there’re a fair amount of refinements to be made (including a chat feature! That’s right a chat ‘feature’) but the basic game in solo mode is keeping me entertained. And if their goal is to get people interested in the PvE portion then it’s probably working, I’ll happily jump into that when it goes free to play too.

Offline Ninchilla

• Empirical
    • View Profile
    • Ninchilla
« Reply #16: October 12, 2017, 11:56:03 AM »
I downloaded that, but haven't gotten as far as actually booting it up yet.

Shadow of War really is just Mordor++; more regions, more orcs, more loot, more microtransactions. I don't remember just getting around being as much work in the first game, though; seems like I can't go eight feet without tripping over a half-dozen uruks, and being ambushed by two captains in the middle of the ensuing fight.

Fun, though. Every time I'm not playing it, I can't wait to get back in.

Offline martTM

• Empirical
  • Real men play Spencer
    • View Profile
    • Shoddy Journalism
    • Email
« Reply #17: October 13, 2017, 07:41:49 AM »
Additional PLAY:

Yono And The Celestial Elephants - Was excited about this, it looks lovely and right up my street, but it's really slow and a bit dull. There's too much filler text about things that aren't important at all and not much actual character, despite the charm it has visually. The puzzles are also really basic and it's just overall not very fulfilling. Surprised it's getting some rave reviews... it's a 6 at best, he says putting his reviewer hat back on for five minutes. Probably doesn't help I finished Oceanhorn not long back, which was equally hollow in the same way... this is just giving me flashbacks to that. Shame really.

FIRE EMBLEM WARRIORS NEXT WEEK. You with me, Gar?!?

Online Garwoofoo

• Legend
  • Not Welsh
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: October 13, 2017, 11:13:58 AM »
I... don’t know. I love Hyrule Warriors beyond all reason but I don’t have any kind of connection with the Fire Emblem franchise. I’ve played a few hours of Awakenings and a bit of that F2P thing, that’s it. This feels like fan service for something I’m not really a fan of.

Offline martTM

• Empirical
  • Real men play Spencer
    • View Profile
    • Shoddy Journalism
    • Email
« Reply #19: October 13, 2017, 12:35:01 PM »
See, I'm going the other way on this one. I don't have much of an affinity with the FE franchise, but I loved Hyrule Warriors so much that I'm hoping that side of things is going to draw me into a world I wouldn't normally venture into. It won't make me care for the real thing, but I think it'll be fun.

Well, maybe.