Username: Password:

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
The Games Parlour / Re: iPod/iPhone Touch
« Last post by martTM on Today at 02:31:25 AM »
No data connection, no ads, no text of any kind past the title logo. Totally accessible, totally cyclical - so, you milk cows, shear sheep, collect eggs, grow veg and then that all goes into the shop which you 'sell' to non-stop customers (read: put right item into basket, give to customer wanting item X) and then when a customer wants something you've run out of, you go and do the thing you need to get that back in stock. That's it. We're showing it at MCM right now and it's going down quite well. That makes me happy. 4.4 rating on the Google Play store. :)
The Games Parlour / Re: Keep On Keeping Going! Your Games Completed of 2017
« Last post by Alastor on May 26, 2017, 09:30:28 PM »
January
Final Fantasy XIII
Final Fantasy XIII-2

February
Final Fantasy XIII-3: Lightning Returns
Bioshock: Infinite

March
Witcher 3: Blood and Wine
World of Final Fantasy
Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Nier: Automata

April
Persona 5

May
Digital Devil Saga
Assassin's Creed: Syndicate
Doom (2016)

Resident Evil 7

Ayyyy, finally got around to playing this, there was a time I thought I'd just let it pass me by then I thought that was insane and so here I am, glad I went for it.

I like this a lot, game is practically a miracle in my opinion, whoever thought we'd escape the formula set by Resident Evil 4 and then repeated by 5 and 6? That's the true success for this game, that we can say that Resident Evil as a proper survival horror is back! (or at least going out on a high note)

I would say it wasn't as scary as I expected but...maybe it's a lot scarier in VR? There's still a pretty tense atmosphere at points, the way you can't tell if the noise you just heard was an enemy or you knocking the countless stuff in the game that isn't stuck to the ground over, listening to the footsteps of the Baker family in the pursuit sections, and trying to sneak past. Too bad I'll never know, but I think this game has a lot more to it then just being scary that it just works overall anyway.

Next up is probably Arkham Knight depending on how cheap I can find it. One thing that is amusing me is how many games I've played and have been playing recently while on a 'sort of' break from FFXIV in the run up to Stormblood, because I know as soon as that is out I won't likely see another game (or person) for dust. :D
Play

shitty Kinect games

I bought a cheap XBone Kinect so I can Skype my sister who's gone to Oz but this means finding space for it by the telly & so getting rid of the 360

As such I'm finding myself giving the god awful games I bought for the kids (and they were rubbish at) a go

Crashed Ice - it's basically extreme wanking

Freefall Racers - looks like a fish, moves like a fish, steers like a cow (except you can substitute fish for cow)

Next up is Star Wars; send help!
« Last post by statusjones on May 26, 2017, 08:23:54 AM »
We released Harvest Moon: Lil' Farmers today - it's basically Toca Boca farming, but with Harvest Moon art. I helped design it. It's for young kids though (like, pre-school and nursery age, up to about 6-7), so I doubt it's suitable for anyone here.

Sounds perfect for my two, or it would be if I actually let them use my phone any more! I will definitely bear it in mind for the travelling part of the summer holidays though (given I assume it doesn't need a data connection)
Play - A torx safety screwdriver, and some compressed air. It's time to dismantle my PS4 and hopefully stop it sounding like a jet engine is having an orgasm.

I assume I'm just going to find lots of dust clogging the fan. Anyone else ever tried this?

My PS4 has sounded like that since I bought it.

Admittedly, it only sounds like that some of the time, but it's still annoying.
The Billiard Room / Re: By popular demand - The Board Game thread
« Last post by cavalcade on May 25, 2017, 11:19:38 AM »
Sagrada arrived today, and it's fudging gorgeous. Along with Near and Far and Sky Tango its been a week for gorgeous games entering the cavalcade household.

« Last post by martTM on May 25, 2017, 11:05:01 AM »
I don't have 5 friends in real life.

This is exactly why I'm not celebrating my 40th in July outside of a nice meal with the wife. :D
« Last post by Garwoofoo on May 25, 2017, 08:48:08 AM »
I don't have 5 friends in real life, let alone Fire Emblem.
Play - A torx safety screwdriver, and some compressed air. It's time to dismantle my PS4 and hopefully stop it sounding like a jet engine is having an orgasm.

I assume I'm just going to find lots of dust clogging the fan. Anyone else ever tried this?
« Last post by Smellavision on May 25, 2017, 07:04:12 AM »
Like Mart says there's no real reason to have real friends - you get a bonus for having more than five friends - 5
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10