Username: Password:

Author Topic: Remakes and Remasters  (Read 27559 times)

Offline Garwoofoo

• Legend
  • Not Welsh
    • View Profile

Offline Wev

• Empirical
  • Rebel Scum
    • MSN Messenger - rivaoni@gmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - ARivaOni
    • View Profile
    • bitparade
Re: Remakes and Remasters
« Reply #241: June 06, 2016, 05:54:09 AM »
Just came to post this myself! Pity theres no dedicated Vita version but Remote Play FTW and all that

Offline aniki

• Empirical
  • never knows best
    • View Profile
    • the demon download
« Reply #242: June 06, 2016, 06:00:38 AM »
Three questions:

1. Will Vaan be less of an insufferable waste of space this time through?
2. Will Ashe actually be the main character now?
3. Will I still be able to chain Gambits to auto-level characters without having to actually do anything?

Offline Wev

• Empirical
  • Rebel Scum
    • MSN Messenger - rivaoni@gmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - ARivaOni
    • View Profile
    • bitparade
« Reply #243: June 06, 2016, 06:07:11 AM »
Its just a HD remaster of the Japanese Zodiac edition of the game, which is apparently somehow even better than the version we originally got here.

So:
1.No, no he wont
2. Ha! Of course not, unfortunately
3. Yup

Offline Brian Bloodaxe

• Legend
  • The natural enemy of giant insects.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #244: June 06, 2016, 08:05:11 AM »
Xbox Prime.

Offline Alastor

• Empirical
    • View Profile
« Reply #245: June 06, 2016, 12:14:22 PM »
Fuck yes!

I cant wait to replay this, Zodiac version too! Best news ever.

Offline Garwoofoo

• Legend
  • Not Welsh
    • View Profile
« Reply #246: January 11, 2018, 03:14:56 PM »
Bloody hell, this is getting out of hand.  Today alone has seen the announcement of Dark Souls Remastered, Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze Remastered, Hyrule Warriors Definitive Edition. The World Ends With You Final Remix and Assassin's Creed Rogue Remastered.  This is just stupid.  Make some new games you dullards.

Offline Alastor

• Empirical
    • View Profile
« Reply #247: January 11, 2018, 05:00:06 PM »
I don't care what anoyone says, the World Ends With You remaster (with added epilogue!) is the best announcement to have ever been announced. And Dark Souls on Switch isn't bad at all imo, then we have Hyrule Warriors to show Fire Emblem Warriors what a Musou game should look like, not saying it's a brand new game but...all the DLS? Pretty much tbh.

Offline Brian Bloodaxe

• Legend
  • The natural enemy of giant insects.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #248: January 11, 2018, 05:47:05 PM »
All the worthwhile games on the WiiU were always going to get ported to the Switch, they'd be mad not to. 95% of Switch owners wont even realise they aren't new games.

Offline Mr Party Hat

• Empirical
    • View Profile
« Reply #249: January 12, 2018, 04:20:36 AM »
I'm excited to play Tropical Freeze on easy mode with Surfboard Kong. I was nowhere near good enough to complete the original.

(Provided it isn't £50. I really hope it's not £50.)

Offline martTM

• Empirical
  • Real men play Spencer
    • View Profile
    • Shoddy Journalism
    • Email
« Reply #250: January 12, 2018, 04:42:47 AM »
All the worthwhile games on the WiiU were always going to get ported to the Switch, they'd be mad not to. 95% of Switch owners wont even realise they aren't new games.

Yeah, this. Obviously, new games are better than remasters but I think the groundwork's been set enough that this is going to be a running trend now (not just on Switch, everywhere). Plus, when you've got folk saying 'Put X on Switch' to pretty much everything now, the response to that can't really be 'NO, NOT THAT'. Publishers are going to take paths to easy money if they can, that's just business. It's really all about how good the remasters are, not just which games come over. I mean, Hyrule Warriors... I have that. I have all the DLC. But being able to play the Wii U version (the best one) on the move like the 3DS one? I'll take that, as foolish as that makes me.

Offline Garwoofoo

• Legend
  • Not Welsh
    • View Profile
« Reply #251: January 12, 2018, 05:01:53 AM »
It’s just a bit frustrating that (a) there’s nothing on the horizon that I actually want to buy for the Switch and (b) it’s the first Nintendo console for generations that hasn’t had backward compatibility with the previous gen so OF COURSE their plan is “release all the same games again at full price”.

Even with stuff that’s been remastered properly (such as Dark Souls) I’m going to buy it in 4K/HDR on the PS4, thanks. Well, actually I’m not, because if I wanted to play it I’d have done so in 2013, but the point still stands.

Offline big mean bunny

• Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #252: January 12, 2018, 04:42:50 PM »
I only start Dark Souls last year (well end of 2016) and loved it but drifted away, I can defo see myself fancying playing it on the Switch, little 15-60 min blasts would be perfect. Now that I've realised my phone lead is actually the same lead as the Switch I've put the Dock thing away as it just doesn't get used, so getting to finally finish Dark Souls would be ideal.

praise the sun.

Offline Luscan

• Empirical
    • MSN Messenger - getoffamycloud@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #253: January 17, 2018, 01:17:17 PM »
Nobody bought a wii u and everyone bought a switch. Hyrule Warrior's might as well be a new game :V

Offline Garwoofoo

• Legend
  • Not Welsh
    • View Profile
« Reply #254: February 20, 2018, 03:22:51 PM »
Burnout Paradise is coming out on 16th March for a frankly ridiculous £34.99, if anyone wants to party like it's 2008.

That said, I did just buy the Final Fantasy XII remaster for a princely £15 so I guess I'm part of the problem.