Username: Password:

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
The Games Parlour / Re: Happy New PWB!!!
« Last post by Hapimeses on January 19, 2018, 11:22:19 AM »
Additional PLAY
Uncharted: Lost Legacy: Just brilliant. Completed it last night. Loved every moment. Preferred it to Uncharted 4. Currently trying Crushing after completing it on Hard. Turns out it's rather difficult...
The Games Parlour / Re: Happy New PWB!!!
« Last post by martTM on January 19, 2018, 07:45:53 AM »
I plan to, but mainly because I'm not into Blazblue. Guilty Gear, fine, but that's about it.

Additional PLAY:

Slayaway Camp - Stupid little puzzle game that's currently on sale on PSN for £6, so I grabbed it. Simple, but silly - you're the killer and you have to basically slaughter (read: move onto the space occupying) the people in a level before escaping, but you can only move in straight lines and in one direction until you hit a wall or obstacle. Based entirely around 80s slasher flicks, but not scary at all since it's all pixels. Made me laugh a couple of times. So, that's nice.
The Games Parlour / Re: Nintendo Labo
« Last post by martTM on January 19, 2018, 05:41:32 AM »
Pre-orders are up on Amazon UK, if anyone cares. I've gone for the base unit only, because it offers more content and doesn't run the risk of causing fights over who gets to wear the bloody robot suit among the kids. Should be interesting.

I also applied for the Labo workshop, since it's the boy's birthday over that week and it might be nice for him to try. That depends if we get chosen from all the people who apply to go, of course...
The Games Parlour / Re: Darkest Dungeon
« Last post by martTM on January 19, 2018, 04:35:13 AM »
Indeed. £25-ish is a lot for an impulse purchase. If it was anything else, I don't think I'd have gone for it.
« Last post by Garwoofoo on January 18, 2018, 03:50:08 PM »
I was slightly tempted.  It's an absolutely perfect handheld game and the Vita version was just too compromised - tiny tiny text and not enough shoulder buttons.  Apparently the Switch supports touchscreen controls too which sounds perfect.

On the other hand I do use my Switch at least half the time on the telly and I have got a perfectly functional PS4 version so I'm loathe to splash out all over again, especially as I'd want the DLC too. So I'm probably going to leave it.  It's not a cheap game.
« Last post by martTM on January 18, 2018, 02:20:56 PM »
Well, that's not great. It does explain why even the icon looks a bit blurry on the HOME Menu though.

I got it anyway, because I *am* likely to just play it in Handheld mode. On Vita, it was almost too small and I don't really get much 'proper' console time, so it'll get played on Switch. Probably.
« Last post by Garwoofoo on January 18, 2018, 12:01:21 PM »
It's out on Switch today.  Apparently though it runs in 720p regardless of whether you're playing it docked or not, so unless you only really intend to play it portable, it's probably not the version to get. (At least until it gets patched).
« Last post by Brian Bloodaxe on January 18, 2018, 10:10:22 AM »
played with by that visiting kid with sensory modulation issues.

Bri, you're not allowed to talk about yourself in the third person, that's the rule.  :D

I was actually thinking about my son. He loved the Wii and all the silly controllers but he would have absolutely trashed this.

Not that that's a failing of this product exactly, but it's certainly a consideration.
« Last post by martTM on January 18, 2018, 09:20:55 AM »
played with by that visiting kid with sensory modulation issues.

Bri, you're not allowed to talk about yourself in the third person, that's the rule.  :D
« Last post by Brian Bloodaxe on January 18, 2018, 08:41:55 AM »
I am certainly intrigued but I worry about how long these cardboard builds would last. Wrapping them in tape would help but still, you would be paying £50 (?) for a cardboard toy.

Everyone saying this seems to have missed that it comes with a cartridge and fully-formed software - that's obviously part of the price.

Not forgotten, just not sure it's relevant if it isn't usable after the cardboard bits have been sat on/used as a scratching post/played with by that visiting kid with sensory modulation issues.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10