Username: Password:

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
The Games Parlour / Re: Loot boxes, pay to win and locked content - SWII related
« Last post by big mean bunny on November 18, 2017, 04:03:20 PM »
An odd side story is people moaning about those moaning, and using examples like 'GTA 5 has micro transactions'.  It also has a fairly sublime and technically impressive single player campaign, that I still played on even after finishing the story. I've since seen the transcript from EA's original shareholders conference call and talk about the pay structure they had blueprinted in to this game, and that has actually changed my opinion about if the shit was fully deserved.

I actually watched the live stream Xbox did with John Boyega (spelling) the other day, it was pretty hilarious seeing them wade through hundred of 'how much did JB have to pay to unlock that' sort of heckling and be like 'We've got a question here on how you got into acting'.

The Games Parlour / Re: Loot boxes, pay to win and locked content - SWII related
« Last post by Luscan on November 18, 2017, 09:47:30 AM »
a few thousand hardcore gamers on reddit.

Heheh what about 750000 gamers on reddit? You probably know this, but the post from their community support guy justifying the grind to unlock characters became the most downvoted post in reddit's history, to the tune of -750000.  :D

That'll be robots, then. There's no way that's all organic downvotes.
« Last post by Brian Bloodaxe on November 18, 2017, 06:02:56 AM »

Heheh what about 750000 gamers on reddit? You probably know this, but the post from their community support guy justifying the grind to unlock characters became the most downvoted post in reddit's history, to the tune of -750000.  :D

Insane, awesome and terrifying all at the same time.
« Last post by feltmonkey on November 17, 2017, 05:07:47 PM »

« Last post by Ninchilla on November 17, 2017, 12:25:21 PM »
I'd heard the campaign was a bit rubbish. Maybe if the price of this drops like the first one (£3.99 Digital Deluxe Edition), I'll take a look, but there's just too much that looks better, even as a pretty big Star Wars guy.
« Last post by Luscan on November 17, 2017, 09:57:25 AM »
The single player campaign didn't ship with an ending. that's coming later.
« Last post by big mean bunny on November 17, 2017, 09:36:50 AM »
I don't think it's even EA is it, not one was saying the game was shit, the single player campaign looks very good and I feel for those involved in that as doubt there focus was to optimise loot boxes and microtransactions. Having looked into it is seems they have paused them for now, so hopefully they don't just fire them back in once it's died down, but actually adjust it.
« Last post by aniki on November 17, 2017, 08:34:31 AM »
A story I saw said that Disney CEO Bob Iger got involved, the implication being he was unhappy with EA getting Star War dragged into the negative press over this stuff.

Not that I think anybody was holding Star Wars' feet to the fire over this; at least in the gaming community it looked like EA was the target of nearly all the complaints.
The Billiard Room / Re: By popular demand - The Board Game thread
« Last post by big mean bunny on November 17, 2017, 05:08:13 AM »
I was in bed ill all of yesterday, and so was watching tabletop on YT, and both Champions of Midgard and and Star Trek 5 year mission seemed great. Anyone got them? I love the communications error element of Star Trek, meaning you can't speak to each other when active, as prevents any potential dominant players who try to decide everything from doing just that.
« Last post by big mean bunny on November 17, 2017, 05:04:28 AM »
Ha, thanks! If public perception can have this effect on those cynical shits at EA, then it has obviously been more than just your typical moaning gamers. I had started to see links that the story had made mainstream news and newsites, which is obviously more harmful to EA, than a few thousand hardcore gamers on reddit.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10