Username: Password:

Author Topic: Hitman  (Read 4186 times)

Offline Alastor

• Empirical
    • View Profile
Re: Hitman
« Reply #45: November 25, 2016, 12:32:43 AM »
Bought this in the PSN sale, was waiting for a moment like this, Absolute looked like absolute shit (or at least a large percentage of it, I mean really, rooftop chases from a Helicopter?) so I didn't bother, but I've always loved this series, last time I played this I think was playing the admittedly very shonky in places (tbh) Hitman 2 on PC a few years ago (WTB remake of the first Mafia level, surely the most classic Hitman level of all time?).

I've only done that Yahct level twice, with a little playing around. I don't understand what was going on there at all, if it's a training facility and everyone is an actor then did that old man hide exploding blood packs in his face when I shot him to test the physics or something? lol.

Very short level, very easy but it's definitely classic Hitman, choking people out (or snapping their neck) taking their shoes, then sneaking into a place figuring out where to kill a target as he obliviously walks around the area. Of course there is multiple ways to do this, first thing I did is cap him from a higher balcony, sure there were witnesses but I'm a fan of the old public assassination thing which I did as far back as the old throwing dagger off a rooftop to the target in the middle of the street.

Second time I jumped from disguise to progressively higher level disguise so I could throttle him with the fiber wire.

Third time, I placed a remote bomb in his desk, literally went back to the Mission Exit until he went to where I put the bomb and blew him up, Instinct was a little OP in this regard. One thing I noted about the first and second kills were they should fire those fucking actors because apparently 'man's head explodes' or 'man's room explodes' isn't a cause to get the fuck out of there....it was the only thing that really killed my immersion, if this is how the rest of the game is, then it seems we have an AI issue.

Apparently the Final Test is where they really showcase the open endedness of this new series, so looking forward to that.

Offline Garwoofoo

• Legend
  • Not Welsh
    • View Profile
« Reply #46: November 29, 2016, 11:19:55 AM »
I'll be interested to know what you think.

I've only played the prologue so far (yacht plus facility) and I think it's absolutely brilliant.  I'm going to take a quick look at the first proper level but then I'm going to go back to the facility as there are loads of things I want to try.

Coming into this at the end of the first season is a bit overwhelming, to be honest - there is a massive amount of stuff to do in this one.

Offline Alastor

• Empirical
    • View Profile
« Reply #47: November 29, 2016, 02:47:35 PM »
I think I've played Paris more than any level in series repeatedly, not even tried Sapienza yet.

Offline Ninchilla

• Empirical
    • View Profile
    • Ninchilla
« Reply #48: November 30, 2016, 08:13:29 AM »
I really like Sapienza as a setting, but with both targets in the same general area, there are a few sections that end up under-utilised. I expect they'll eventually come into play with Elusive Targets or Escalations.

Offline Ninchilla

• Empirical
    • View Profile
    • Ninchilla
« Reply #49: November 30, 2016, 10:56:27 AM »
Oh, and if you make any contracts, let us know so we can determine who is the ultimate Society Hitman (me).

(It won't be me)

Offline Alastor

• Empirical
    • View Profile
« Reply #50: November 30, 2016, 04:40:23 PM »
Nor me, I enjoy a SASO run as much as the next guy (though it's ridiculously easy to do in Paris) but I got the Speechless challenge a while back (love these, you read them and say 'I can DO that?') and found it super fun also, no thrills, just shooting him mid sentence as he addresses a lot of people on stage as per the challenge requirement, I got away with it too, because the AI isn't super psychic which is always a downer in these sorts of games.

It may not be professional but damn if it wasn't a lot of fun.

Offline big mean bunny

• Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #51: December 03, 2016, 02:23:41 PM »
Really wanted to get this during the Xbox one sale but had no credit and the sale had ended prior to pay day. Hoping it's on sale again over new year. Overall seems to be well received.

Offline Ninchilla

• Empirical
    • View Profile
    • Ninchilla
« Reply #52: December 03, 2016, 05:24:23 PM »
Has anyone figured out the newest Elusive Contract? I spent a good half hour following the old bag around earlier, but she's never on her own, and just seems to wander between the same four or five spots repeatedly.

Offline martTM

• Empirical
  • Real men play Spencer
    • View Profile
    • Shoddy Journalism
    • Email
« Reply #53: November 07, 2017, 09:10:50 AM »
RESURRECTED.

Anyone picking up the GotY add-ons today? Considering I barely tried any of the elusive contracts, I think I might. Been meaning to play through this, but just never got round to it...

EDIT: It's £16 for three escalation contracts, three costumes, three new weapons and the Patient Zero stuff, which is four missions in a new location with 'new gameplay mechanics' whatever that means. I'm holding fire for now.

Offline Ninchilla

• Empirical
    • View Profile
    • Ninchilla
« Reply #54: November 07, 2017, 12:48:18 PM »
Already bought it, but haven't booted it up since the stuff went live. I'll report back once I've had a look.

Offline Ninchilla

• Empirical
    • View Profile
    • Ninchilla
« Reply #55: November 08, 2017, 05:09:23 AM »
I've done the first Patient Zero mission a couple of times, and had a single (failed) attempt at the second.

Mission 1 is in a night-time version of the Bangkok level, which is probably my least favorite; this doesn't do much to change that. The two targets wander around a small section of the level with NPCs everywhere, there don't seem to be a lot of subtle opportunities at first glance, and more than half the level doesn't seem to be useful. Still, this is Hitman; further exploration might turn something up - and it'll have to, if I ever want SA/SO.

Mission 2 is in a night-time Sapienza, focused on a book signing in the church. Seems okay, as long as you don't blunder into an area full of guards dressed as a ghost serial killer.

Offline Ninchilla

• Empirical
    • View Profile
    • Ninchilla
« Reply #56: November 08, 2017, 11:00:34 AM »
Managed a Silent Assassin on mission 1. No idea how I'm going to do it in a suit.

Offline Ninchilla

• Empirical
    • View Profile
    • Ninchilla
« Reply #57: November 08, 2017, 06:12:30 PM »
Okay, so the first two missions are fairly straightforward Hitman, but the third one is a sniper-only thing; you're up a big tower, and Diana feeds you intel about targets in the fly.

The fourth mission is fucking nuts.
(click to show/hide)

Offline big mean bunny

• Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #58: December 20, 2017, 06:11:27 PM »
I need to return to this, never made it to level 3 due to the size of the missions. Spotted there is a xmas reworking of Mission 1 on the Xbox Live dash so imagine that's universial across the other systems.

Offline Ninchilla

• Empirical
    • View Profile
    • Ninchilla
« Reply #59: December 21, 2017, 07:00:15 AM »
Yeah, that came out last year, but it's free at the moment.