Username: Password:

Author Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild  (Read 7732 times)

Offline Mr Party Hat

• Empirical
    • View Profile
Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
« Reply #75: December 06, 2017, 06:36:26 AM »
Do that bit relatively quickly. After that you've got free reign to do anything, at any time.

After those four shrines you're fully geared up.

Offline cavalcade

• Legend
  • Popty Ping
    • View Profile
    • The doyouinverts
« Reply #76: December 06, 2017, 06:49:07 AM »
Should they be fairly easy to get to - or do I have to "game" my way to them. For example - one seems to be in a chilly area. Is it expecting me to convert the chilli peppers and make a dash for it - or should I be waiting for a coat?

Offline Garwoofoo

• Legend
  • Not Welsh
    • View Profile
« Reply #77: December 06, 2017, 07:11:08 AM »
Go for it any way you can.

Offline martTM

• Empirical
  • Real men play Spencer
    • View Profile
    • Shoddy Journalism
    • Email
« Reply #78: December 06, 2017, 08:25:09 AM »
Go for it any way you can.

Yeah, that. The game's surprisingly flexible on how you can approach problems. So, you *can* get a warmer clothing item from somewhere, or you can use food, or you can just leg it and hope for the best, or or or or. It's not anywhere near as 'gamey' as other Zeldas, even though it obviously is.

Offline Mr Party Hat

• Empirical
    • View Profile
« Reply #79: December 08, 2017, 09:08:26 AM »
Story DLC out now! That was a nice surprise.

Offline Alastor

• Empirical
    • View Profile
« Reply #80: December 08, 2017, 09:21:31 AM »
Still cant believe they added a dirtbike.

Offline martTM

• Empirical
  • Real men play Spencer
    • View Profile
    • Shoddy Journalism
    • Email
« Reply #81: December 08, 2017, 09:25:42 AM »
Story DLC out now! That was a nice surprise.

Same weekend as the Monster Hunter PS4 beta, eh? Well, *that's* not a 'Fuck you for leaving' to Capcom then, is it? :D

Offline cavalcade

• Legend
  • Popty Ping
    • View Profile
    • The doyouinverts
« Reply #82: December 09, 2017, 02:46:46 PM »
Ok, did the first few shrines and got the paraglider thingy.

It's impressive in many ways. The combat is delightful, and the painterly graphics never fail to impress. I'm not sure the tablet powers are any better than the 350 games that have done near identical versions of them and the plot is laughable, but it's still a pleasant way to while away an hour or so.

Such a shame the WiiU doesn't have a sleep mode. Or does it and I'm being stupid?

Offline Garwoofoo

• Legend
  • Not Welsh
    • View Profile
« Reply #83: December 09, 2017, 03:05:59 PM »
No, it doesn’t have a sleep mode and yes it’s a shame, but it’s 360/PS3 gen really and it wasn’t a thing back then. I still think it’s ridiculously impressive for a Wii U game.

Offline Ninchilla

• Empirical
    • View Profile
    • Ninchilla
« Reply #84: December 09, 2017, 03:12:22 PM »
I have, today, instituted my younger brother (not aniki)'s WiiU and a stack of Marios and Zeldas. Looking forward to getting stuck into this.

Eventually.

Offline big mean bunny

• Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #85: December 20, 2017, 06:09:45 PM »
So I still haven't returned to this, not played it in nearly 3 months. As much as I liked it, I just wasn't overly keen on having to keep finding weapons, to the point it was stressing me out. I'd love it if they would just do an easy mode so I can turn unbreakable weapons on and just stroll around at my leisure.

Offline Garwoofoo

• Legend
  • Not Welsh
    • View Profile
« Reply #86: December 21, 2017, 06:47:06 AM »
It is a very hard game to go back to, if you take a break. I'm kind of in the same position. I hadn't played it for three months and then decided to revisit it when the DLC landed - however my quest log is filled with side quests with the vaguest of descriptions, and I really have very little idea where to go or what to do. I've got out of the habit of simply wandering, can't remember what's where, and could really do with some sort of direction - but it's not that sort of game of course.

Also, I never mastered the art of parrying Guardians which basically means the centre of the map is off limits - every time I get within sight of Hyrule Castle I basically get shot to bits by giant mechanical spiders.

All in all I've had a lot of fun out of the game and it is certainly a remarkable thing but I'm not confident now I'll actually see the end of it.

(Bunny - if breakable weapons bother you then go get the Master Sword.  It doesn't last forever, exactly, but it does repair itself over time so it goes a long way to solving that particular problem.  You need something like 13 hearts to get it, mind).

Offline cavalcade

• Legend
  • Popty Ping
    • View Profile
    • The doyouinverts
« Reply #87: December 21, 2017, 12:02:15 PM »
I like it, but I'm not sure it's all a bit formless and shruggy shoulders for my tastes. I like wandering about, but then I could wander about in other, beautiful worlds.

Yeah. It's OK. 

Offline Alastor

• Empirical
    • View Profile
« Reply #88: December 21, 2017, 12:35:31 PM »
The difference for me is that in those other worlds I'm willing to bet that the wandering about isn't as rewarding, I can't think of many open world games like BOTW except , maybe an Elder Scrolls game where there's so little dead space in the world. Even if it's a flaming sword or just a Korok, there's usually something at least.

And there's no need to get the Master Sword, or yearn for an easy mode, I promise the weapon system isn't as bad as it sounds.

Offline big mean bunny

• Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #89: December 21, 2017, 06:17:44 PM »
Cheers Gar, wasnt aware that it did that so going to look up how to get it and then level up enough to do it.