Username: Password:

Author Topic: Monster Hunter World (Switch gets dunked on!!!)  (Read 275 times)

Offline Alastor

• Empirical
    • View Profile
This is the only thing that impressed me from that extremely underwhelming Sony conference (I'm not sold on GoW yet :/).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDS-w29MqeE

Whoa.  :o

That's quite the graphical leap from the latest version, which I believe IS the version the Switch is getting, not only that, the new features sound very exciting for a MH fan indeed.

Sounds like it's going to be shit loads more organic, but if the meat skewer part of the trailer is any indication, it's still going toh ave some of the charm of the series, only know everything will be fluid as fuck.

Offline Garwoofoo

• Legend
  • Not Welsh
    • View Profile
I hope this is an actual proper MH game though and not some dumbed down attempt to appeal to the Western market.

Never mind though. With two new Monster Hunter games and two new Metroid games on the way, it's been a good E3.

Offline Garwoofoo

• Legend
  • Not Welsh
    • View Profile
23 minutes of gameplay footage:

! No longer available

Yes, it looks like next-gen Monster Hunter.  Colour me excited.

Offline Garwoofoo

• Legend
  • Not Welsh
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Hunter World (Switch gets dunked on!!!)
« Reply #3: December 09, 2017, 03:10:17 PM »
The beta for this is running this weekend and is available to all PS+ subscribers, so anyone who's even vaguely interested should give it a whirl.

Very early impressions: it looks absolutely gorgeous on the PS4 Pro, it's got a bit more hand-holding this time around - mostly in the form of Scout Flies who highlight points of interest and help you track the monster (not sure if you will be able to disable these in the final game), and it's absolutely Monster Hunter through and through in all its clunky, unintuitive glory. The weapons, moves, controls and general gameplay are all the same as they've ever been. I'm pretty happy.

Offline Alastor

• Empirical
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Hunter World (Switch gets dunked on!!!)
« Reply #4: December 09, 2017, 06:37:16 PM »
I can't fucking believe how big a jump this is from MH4, there's no zones, it's madness! No more fighting a monstern ear one and getting tail slapped into another area! It looks stunning, and the ecology of the world looks there, it's more immersive and less gamey imo. I'm still getting used to it but so far thisi s incredible.

And whilst I hope High Rank/G Rank does have no hand holding, I'm fine with the demo's level of hand holding atm, if it gets people into Monster Hunter (something that the game did itself no favours on usually) all theb etter.