Username: Password:

Author Topic: Play Want Bin - Septum Piercing  (Read 1217 times)

Offline Garwoofoo

• Legend
  • Not Welsh
    • View Profile
Re: Play Want Bin - Septum Piercing
« Reply #15: September 25, 2017, 06:54:15 AM »
Yeah. I actually played Xenoblade Chronicles a bit when it came out on the Wii and really enjoyed it, but going back to it now it's even better than I remembered.  All the little side quests really help to fill out the world and make it feel alive, and it's fantastic to have a game of this kind of scope and complexity on a handheld.  I even like the hilarious voice acting.

The 3DS is such an odd little machine at this stage in its life, it's always felt a bit archaic and it's incredibly uncomfortable to hold for long periods but it's quietly built up an incredible library of games, especially if you're into RPGs. I'm starting to realise that I've only just scratched the surface of what it's got available despite owning one almost since launch. Dragon Quest, SMT, Fire Emblem, Xenoblade, Bravely Default, Rune Factory...  I'm sure Alastor will remind me of a dozen others I've forgotten.  I think I need to buy a grip for the thing so I can actually use it for more than an hour without hand cramps.

Offline martTM

• Empirical
  • Real men play Spencer
    • View Profile
    • Shoddy Journalism
    • Email
« Reply #16: September 25, 2017, 09:48:13 AM »
Additional PLAY:

Stealth Inc - Been sitting on my Vita forever, never really touched it, now ploughing through it. Up to the last world already, it's rather good in a bitesize way. Some annoyances, like the way it pits you to beat a set time for the best rank and yet has some places where the AI's detection is totally random, meaning you're playing those levels repeatedly just to hopefully manage both at once. Otherwise though, pretty decent.

Tearaway Unfolded - Platinum'd the Vita one, but this feels different enough to be worth going through... plus, I've forgotten the original anyway so it's basically a fresh experience. Playing on and off just because.

Offline martTM

• Empirical
  • Real men play Spencer
    • View Profile
    • Shoddy Journalism
    • Email
« Reply #17: September 27, 2017, 05:22:12 AM »
Additional PLAY:

RUINER - Seen a few reviews saying that this is spoiled by being too bleak and dystopian, but it's right up my street so far. A twin-stick shooter with cyberpunk aesthetic was always going to be my thing anyway, but it's really, really good too. Only problem is, I suck at it. Granted, I put it on Hard right away because I don't have time to be playing things twice for trophies, but I died 35 times in the tutorial alone. Should make for an interesting experience, if nothing else...

Pinball FX3 - HOO BOY, PINBALL. I loves me some pinball. And considering pretty much all the tables from Zen Pinball 2 import into it for free, I'm very happy. Time to start setting some new leaderboard scores...

« Reply #18: September 27, 2017, 08:57:06 AM »
Want I’m up for this Fortnite battle royale thing that’s going free to play tomorrow. 

So... I played a couple of rounds of this today. It seems pretty good. It's not as cartoonish as it looks. So far the main negative seems to be that the map is always the same, same weapon drops in the same houses/sheds. I'm guessing it's not like this in PUBG.

Other than that I was having a great time with it. Shooting is satisfying, controls are fairly intuitive (although I've pulled up the build option a couple of times in one-to-one encounters because I'm a bumbling idiot under pressure), and it looks kind of nice. Looking forward to playing more, so far 16th is my highest placing. Oh, and it has a nice feature where you can watch the match play out which seems cool.

Offline martTM

• Empirical
  • Real men play Spencer
    • View Profile
    • Shoddy Journalism
    • Email
« Reply #19: September 28, 2017, 03:07:57 PM »
Additional PLAY:

SNES Mini - I'm determined to not make this a waste of money, so I'll be playing through everything in turn. First up is my favourite SNES game of all time, Super Castlevania IV; didn't do too bad, got to stage 4 off muscle memory alone, so will plug away. Not surprisingly though, I'm waiting until the inevitable day when it's hacked and I can put all the SNES games on there. Then all bets are off. :D

Picross S - Cracked and grabbed this one immediately, because I love Picross. It's pretty much as you'd expect, but they've made the baffling decision to not allow touchscreen interaction. God knows why because after years of Picross on 3DS, it doesn't feel right playing it with buttons alone. Nevertheless, Picross. Nice.

Offline Brian Bloodaxe

• Legend
  • The natural enemy of giant insects.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20: September 28, 2017, 03:20:19 PM »
I uploaded about 300 SNES games to my Ouya the other day and I'm happy to say they are flawless on the machine.

Offline martTM

• Empirical
  • Real men play Spencer
    • View Profile
    • Shoddy Journalism
    • Email
« Reply #21: September 29, 2017, 04:58:44 AM »
Yeah, but... Ouya. :P

Additional PLAY:

Golf Story - Tried really hard, but couldn't resist this in the end because all the reviews of it are glowing. It's Mario Golf on the Game Boy Color! Which is to say, it's a golf game mixed with an RPG, meaning there's more to do than just play rounds of golf. That you can drop the ball at ANY point and hit is pretty interesting, as some good things can happen if you're hitting balls at them. Plus, the golf itself is pretty damn good too. Loving this, it's annoyingly the game that's got me playing more Switch than I have in a long while.

Offline Alastor

• Empirical
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: September 30, 2017, 07:33:20 PM »
Just completed Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age, over 10 years ago, I didn't like this game very much, faux-MMO combat (and then I went on much later to become utterly enslaved to the actual MMO Final Fantasy), too long (it isn't) and grindy (I don't remember ever grinding in this version), badly paced (everything I thought was strung out, wasn't) and a confusing story (Now I love all that politics shit!) but I persevered and beat it, I found this so satisfying that I wanted to play and beat the other Final Fantasy games which was at the time for me, pretty daunting because like most people I'd had only previous beat the PS1 games.

I think I had the only rule that I didn't need to play spin offs (yet I still did) and XI because I literally couldn't sustain a subscription to an MMO back then, so off I went and got FFX the next day (The game that would go on to be my favourite besides XIV). I dunno' if anyone on here remembers my 'Final Fantasy Pilgrimage' but I did eventually end up beating every game that wasn't XI (ending on Final Fantasy I because I'm a dork) but I somehow feel as if beating FFXII again, the game that made me experience one of the longest running, varied RPG's out there that I've somehow come full circle? T_T

Also, I thoroughly enjoyed FFXII this time, in fact I'm not even done with it. I will go back to do all the Espers and all the hunts, eventually hoping to kill Yiazmat, a boss with so much HP you can save the game midway through the fight and come back! It's in many ways, a faux-MMO FF game with a Star Wars flavour to it and I dislike neither of those things.  :)

Offline Jimbob78

• Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: November 22, 2017, 10:27:26 AM »
One want.

All of my PS4 saved data back.

Lost after the machine reset itself for no reason.

Offline Ninchilla

• Empirical
    • View Profile
    • Ninchilla
« Reply #24: November 22, 2017, 10:31:41 AM »
No PS+ cloud saves?

Offline Jimbob78

• Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #25: November 22, 2017, 11:11:51 AM »