Username: Password:

Author Topic: Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp  (Read 1712 times)

Offline Smellavision

• Monarch
    • View Profile
Re: Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp
« Reply #15: November 23, 2017, 01:12:10 PM »

If anybody would like to add me!

Offline Minx

• Royal
  • I'll be back, Samurai!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16: November 25, 2017, 08:48:39 PM »

Yeah, this is my jam.

Offline Garwoofoo

• Legend
  • Not Welsh
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: November 26, 2017, 03:09:18 AM »

Only just started playing this but actually I like it a lot. Animal Crossing has always felt a bit aimless to me (I suspect that’s the point) but with its shopping list of things to aim for this version is immediately more appealing to me.

Offline Mr Party Hat

• Empirical
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: November 27, 2017, 04:10:34 AM »
This thing is like crack. And I'm not even sure what I'm achieving, beyond building a skate park for my animal friends.

Who am I kidding, that's more than enough.

My ID is 25117889230   and my ID is Scampi, if you wonder who the randomer adding you is!

Offline aniki

• Empirical
  • never knows best
    • View Profile
    • the demon download
« Reply #19: November 27, 2017, 05:31:17 AM »
One thing I really appreciate about this game is that it doesn't have notifications. There's no 'your fruit is ripe', or 'your furniture is ready' or 'Apollo needs help' nonsense to urge you back in - it expects you to go at your own pace, to drop in when you're ready, not on the game's schedule.

Offline martTM

• Empirical
  • Real men play Spencer
    • View Profile
    • Shoddy Journalism
    • Email
« Reply #20: November 27, 2017, 07:44:02 AM »
One thing I really appreciate about this game is that it doesn't have notifications. There's no 'your fruit is ripe', or 'your furniture is ready' or 'Apollo needs help' nonsense to urge you back in - it expects you to go at your own pace, to drop in when you're ready, not on the game's schedule.

This is the bit that's making me laugh, because I've seen so much criticism of it based it lacking the true soul of Animal Crossing due to the whole IAP additions and drive towards goals. I really don't get that... I mean, it's basically as pure an AC experience as you can get except it's been concentrated down into a far shorter experience. You can wait three real-life days for a tree to regrow fruit, but you're a bit pissy about the option to use fertiliser to respawn it immediately *if you like*? The inability to make furniture if you have a lack of resources bothers you, but you're quite happy to wait days, weeks or even months on end for the Nook store to stock that one single item you fancy displaying in your house? Are you pissed that they've made fishing slightly easier, or that it requires less coordination with other players in order to visit their campsite and potentially take their stuff?

All I see is whining and folk complaining that it's not a proper Animal Crossing, where's the proper Animal Crossing. Considering these are the kind of people who can enjoy a game that takes actual years to play, you'd think they'd have the patience to wait. :)

Offline Brian Bloodaxe

• Legend
  • The natural enemy of giant insects.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21: November 27, 2017, 01:22:34 PM »
If you get a friend request from Seonaid, that's Mrs Bloodaxe.

Offline martTM

• Empirical
  • Real men play Spencer
    • View Profile
    • Shoddy Journalism
    • Email
« Reply #22: November 30, 2017, 04:17:10 AM »
Christmas event is now live - loads of new timed goals to hit, so that's me busy for a while now.

Offline Minx

• Royal
  • I'll be back, Samurai!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23: February 15, 2018, 08:16:17 AM »
Lots in this new update including something to actually use friendship powder on.

ANOTHER screen to sit through when an animal levels up was definitely not needed!!

Offline martTM

• Empirical
  • Real men play Spencer
    • View Profile
    • Shoddy Journalism
    • Email
« Reply #24: February 15, 2018, 09:37:32 AM »
I really like it as a UI now, but I get what you mean.

I don't think I'm ever going to get bored of this game, so I feel a bit mean that I've only put £3.99 into it. Not going to spend more, but still. :)

Offline feltmonkey

• Empirical
  • i'm a disgrace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25: February 28, 2018, 03:32:07 AM »
I must admit, I'm one of the "this isn't Animal Crossing" people. I absolutely HATED this game. The thing I disliked most was how tiny all the areas are. They're like a single screen. There's no sense of exploration or being part of this little community of animals. All these animals do is give you tedious collection tasks to do.

It's not got any of the Animal Crossing atmosphere, and certainly not an atom of it's charm. I uninstalled it, and if I could have burned the camp down on the way out, I would have done.

Offline Minx

• Royal
  • I'll be back, Samurai!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26: March 04, 2018, 06:10:10 PM »
Need ladybug help... Yellows and up if anyone has some to share.

Offline martTM

• Empirical
  • Real men play Spencer
    • View Profile
    • Shoddy Journalism
    • Email
« Reply #27: March 05, 2018, 04:15:33 AM »
Need ladybug help... Yellows and up if anyone has some to share.

On it. Though every time I check your garden, it says 'Sharing: Not Now'. Have some flowers in there, dammit! :P

Offline Minx

• Royal
  • I'll be back, Samurai!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28: March 06, 2018, 02:15:57 PM »
Like seriously, what's with this shit? Is there a lucky hat I can wear or something?!!

Offline martTM

• Empirical
  • Real men play Spencer
    • View Profile
    • Shoddy Journalism
    • Email
« Reply #29: March 07, 2018, 06:09:20 AM »
It's not great. Some days, I get fuck all, some I get everything bar a couple. Catching individually doesn't seem to up the odds. You really have to hammer these flower events if you want to get everything. :(