Username: Password:

Author Topic: Remember, Remember, the Play Want Bin of November  (Read 459 times)

Offline martTM

• Empirical
  • Real men play Spencer
    • View Profile
    • Shoddy Journalism
    • Email
Nah - it relied too much on motion controls, people wouldn't want it. Although, in VR... HMMMMMM.

Offline Luscan

• Empirical
    • MSN Messenger - getoffamycloud@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
Finished Wolfenstein The New Colossus.

very conflicted feelings about it.

Offline Ninchilla

• Empirical
    • View Profile
    • Ninchilla
I don't think I'll ever beat the last level of that Hitman: Patient Zero campaign. Infection just happens too fast.

I've also played the first couple of hours of Horizon Zero Dawn: The Frozen Wilds (more than half of that, probably, in photo mode). It's more HZD, which is great*, but I suspect it'll just make the bows in Assassin's Creed Origins seem even worse when I go back to that.

*to me; I know a few of you guys never clicked with it, but I still think about parts of the story on basically a daily basis.

Offline martTM

• Empirical
  • Real men play Spencer
    • View Profile
    • Shoddy Journalism
    • Email
I really should get into Hitman, given the Elusive targets are now back, but I haven't had any motivation for killing folk. :(

Additional PLAY, mobile phone edition:

Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp - Already talked about this in a separate thread, but it deserves another mention as it's out on Wednesday. I'm up to level 37 now, so unless there's absolutely no way to link my Nintendo account to the early version I grabbed when it launches everywhere, I won't be starting again. It's nice to have something to dip into every so often, do some requests and then drop out again, though it does make me want a proper Animal Crossing game now. I already played the 3DS one for 18 months straight (possibly longer), so I don't want to go back to that... starting afresh would be good.

South Park: Phone Destroyer - Was really looking forward to this, but it's quite disappointing. It's basically Clash Royale with South Park, which is okay I guess even if that's not my bag. Thing is, the relatively minimal IAP approach of Pocket Camp has spoilt me to the point that the IAP push in this feels really oppressive and up-front. Don't think I like that. I haven't played this for a few days now, so it'll remain to be seen if I actually go back to it.

Layton's Mysterious Journey - I got the phone version of this because it's identical to the 3DS one while only being half the price... plus, I always have my phone on me as opposed to carrying my 3DS around. Haven't really got into it, since it's a proper game rather than a phone title that's immediate, but I'll get there. Love a bit of Layton.

AdVenture Communist - Button clickers suck me in like an idiot. I liked AdVenture Capitalist, but that lost my interest after a while. This sequel, however, isn't just more polished but also has a ridiculously stereotypical setting based on soviet Russia and all the stupid trappings of that. It's quite stupid and possibly a little insulting to Russians, but it's got me playing...

Offline martTM

• Empirical
  • Real men play Spencer
    • View Profile
    • Shoddy Journalism
    • Email
Additional PLAY

Injustice 2 - Can't decide if I like this or not. As a fighting game, it's typical Netherrealm - which is to say, it's really stiff and not particularly fluid, based entirely on combo chains that aren't natural and seemingly has little to do with skill and more about button mashing unless you've got the heightened reflexes of a mutant puma. That said, it's very pretty, has shitloads to do in it, a really great Story mode (just like Mortal Kombat X before it) and is about superheroes, which is one of my weaknesses. Even so, is it good? Ehhhhhhhhh... hmm.

Additional BIN

Phone Destroyer and AdVenture Communist - Can't be arsed with either of the above any more, both gone from my phone. Not fussed in the slightest.

Offline martTM

• Empirical
  • Real men play Spencer
    • View Profile
    • Shoddy Journalism
    • Email
Additional PLAY:

Hob - The last game from Runic before they were shut down by their Chinese overlords. Shame, really, as I'm quite liking it. Seems we've had an influx of free-roaming puzzle adventure games with little-to-no guidance, text or speech lately (well, RiME and... er... hmm) and this is no different, as you don't talk and there's nothing to really show you the way. That's actually to its detriment in a way though, as the open world nature of it means it's possible to not know what you're doing. I got stuck for half an hour purely because there was something behind a wall I'd smashed and then not explored properly, but I didn't go back there and nothing suggested I should... ended up having to check a guide to see what I'd done wrong. That said though, it's very nice to look at, the puzzles make sense and the underlying story seems like it's interesting. I'll keep playing and finish it, though the Platinum requires a sub-five death run AND a sub-five hour run - dunno if I fancy playing it three times back-to-back. We'll see.

Also, I'm liking Injustice 2 more now. For now, anyway.