Username: Password:

Author Topic: It's beginning to feel a lot like PWB  (Read 207 times)

Offline Brian Bloodaxe

• Legend
  • The natural enemy of giant insects.
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: It's beginning to feel a lot like PWB
« Reply #15: December 04, 2017, 06:33:54 PM »

The game I DM is online, and I've found that any slight lag tends to bog the whole thing down a bit, plus makes it harder to have quiet side chats. I'd prefer to find a "live" game, but I don't know how to go about finding one locally. Getting to the point where I'll take what's available.

I've totally lost track of where you are living these days but I'm sure there will be games nearby. Look on Facebook, RPG.net, Google+, you'll find something.

Offline cavalcade

• Legend
  • Popty Ping
    • View Profile
    • The doyouinverts
« Reply #16: December 05, 2017, 08:35:52 AM »
Play
Doom VFR - with the Aim controller.... well, I think this nails it. Farpoint is OK, but this, THIS, is how shootymans should work with the Aim. Fast, tactile, and entertaining.
Skyrim VR - I wasn't convinced, but now the smooth turning is in for the Moves (update 1.02) this is.... well, special. Firing the bow is perfect. I spent 30 minutes actually hunting stuff. The magic is also great. Yes, it's still a a Bethesda world of jank, but this is the first VR game I've played where I've felt I could just transport myself to another place.
Farpoint VR - A good advertisment for the Aim, but a rather mediocre game. Though I do really like the score attack levels, which again give a hint of how a really decent combat game with the Aim would be pretty intense.
LOZ:Breath of the Wild - I figured I'd give this a go on the WiiU - assuming enough patches had come out to perk up the performance (mind you, I guess I could run it on my PC). It's lovely. Looks great on the gamepad. Terrible on the TV. Performance seems decent. Like a lot of the mechanics. Might be a bit open worldy for me, but enjoyable just the same.
Not a videogame - but Pandemic Legacy 2 (meh) and Too Many Bones (awesome) plus a load of other stuff....

Want
Not a lot. Skyrim VR was the big one. Possibly a PSPro or a 4K TV at some point, not that I play enough to warrant it.

Bin
People who complain about not having done their Xmas shopping. Mine is done! Suck it up!

Offline Brian Bloodaxe

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17: December 05, 2017, 09:29:05 AM »
That's the second time in two days that I've heard Pandemic Legacy Season 2 described as "meh". Which is a shame as the premise looked solid.

I know I'll be receiving Pandemic Legacy Season 1 for Christmas so I've got that to look forward to at least.

Offline cavalcade

• Legend
  • Popty Ping
    • View Profile
    • The doyouinverts
« Reply #18: December 05, 2017, 10:17:16 AM »
One was pretty good.

2 is... not as good.... because.... reasons.

Online martTM

• Empirical
  • Real men play Spencer
    • View Profile
    • Shoddy Journalism
    • Email
« Reply #19: December 06, 2017, 04:22:13 AM »
Additional PLAY
Cat Quest - Didn't think much of this beyond it looking quite cute when it came out, but a friend at the publisher sent me a key so I thought I'd give it a blast. Next thing I know, I'm at level 35 already, deep into the story and it's nearly 1am. Really nice game! Gets a bit repetitive fast since all the mechanics/missions end up being 'follow path, fight enemies, get reward', but it's still good. Trophies are easy too, so I'll be Platinum-ing this before I go back to Hob... though Okami's next week and I already pre-ordered it, so that might end up being next in line.

Additional BIN
A Hat In Time - Temporarily, and absolutely NOT because of the game. It appears that I'm totally part of the problem with games in general. On one hand, I'm pushing for our titles to hold a good SRP and be more than 'just indie'; on the other, A Hat In Time comes out at £23.99 ($29.99 in the US!) and I'm immediately all 'Oooh, that's too much, I'll whack it on the wishlist for later'. It'll absolutely come down in price quickly because it's an indie game and devs are too impatient to generate sales, so I'll wait until it's around £15... that's my impulse sweet spot, really.

Online Garwoofoo

• Legend
  • Not Welsh
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: December 07, 2017, 06:45:58 AM »
I'm also pre-emptively binning A Hat In Time, which is a shame because I really want to play it.  But one of the characters is voiced by notorious racist/white supremacist JonTron, and I don't want to give them my money while he's in the game. If the devs replace him (as the devs of Yooka-Laylee did) then I will buy the game on the spot, but sadly it's been out on PC for ages and he's still in there so it doesn't appear to be something they're concerned about.  :(

Online martTM

• Empirical
  • Real men play Spencer
    • View Profile
    • Shoddy Journalism
    • Email
« Reply #21: December 07, 2017, 09:31:18 AM »
Yeah, I suspect he's not going anywhere... guess you're out of that one permanently. :(

Offline Ninchilla

• Empirical
    • View Profile
    • Ninchilla
« Reply #22: December 07, 2017, 12:12:20 PM »

The game I DM is online, and I've found that any slight lag tends to bog the whole thing down a bit, plus makes it harder to have quiet side chats. I'd prefer to find a "live" game, but I don't know how to go about finding one locally. Getting to the point where I'll take what's available.

I've totally lost track of where you are living these days but I'm sure there will be games nearby. Look on Facebook, RPG.net, Google+, you'll find something.
I found something! Tuesdays, about a 20 minute drive away. They seem oversubscribed, but I'm going to go along anyway and hopefully space will manifest at one of their tables.

Offline Brian Bloodaxe

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23: December 07, 2017, 03:10:47 PM »
Awesome. Good luck!

Offline Ninchilla

• Empirical
    • View Profile
    • Ninchilla
« Reply #24: December 09, 2017, 03:03:25 PM »
Thanks! They have a discord server I've been mostly lurking in, and seem like a decent bunch of nerds. :D

Now to spend the next few days obsessing over the finer details of my character sheet...

Offline Alastor

• Empirical
    • View Profile
« Reply #25: December 10, 2017, 06:28:04 PM »
WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpUXoCqD6GM

This is fucking mental. It's like several Orange Boxes worth of games somehow, it's worth it just for Alpha 3, 3rd Strike and SF2, one of those 3 on PS4 is worth the money, someone likes at least one of those games, but it looks like they added a lot of cool shit to it that admittedly I'm not usually bothered with in a fighting game (I still think SFV was fine on launch) but as a celebratory thing it looks great.