Username: Password:

Author Topic: Play Want Bin - Protests March  (Read 1956 times)

Offline aniki

• Empirical
  • never knows best
    • View Profile
    • the demon download
Re: Play Want Bin - Protests March
« Reply #60: March 20, 2017, 05:56:53 AM »
Punched a Cultist the other morning while exploring an apartment. The option was something like "Cultist: Talk to" and when I pressed the button Jensen nailed him.

Was the cultist's name "Richard Spencer"?

« Reply #61: March 20, 2017, 06:39:23 AM »
That was totally the flavour of the encounter. I'm sure there'll be a cult based mission that this has potentially screwed up later on...

Offline martTM

• Empirical
  • Real men play Spencer
    • View Profile
    • Shoddy Journalism
    • Email
« Reply #62: March 20, 2017, 06:44:08 AM »
Additional PLAY:

Binding of Isaac Afterbirth+ - I think I've played more Binding of Isaac over the last three years than I know what to do with, mainly on Vita until the Afterbirth update favoured PS4 and left the handheld version behind. I kind of fell out of it after that because I just didn't have time to put into it on the main console, so seeing it appear on Switch is all kind of perfect for me. I can play on the TV, I can play on my sofa, I can play while out and about... all good. The only issue is having to start again, but that's okay. The Switch is now a Zelda and BoI machine for the foreseeable future - until Mario Kart, at least.

Offline Alastor

• Empirical
    • View Profile
« Reply #63: March 21, 2017, 01:27:01 AM »
Want

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 and 2.5 Final Mix HD collection

Although this also includes the PSP game, Birth by Sleep and movie collections for the 2 3DS games (spreading such a convoluted series on almost every single platform? Genius!) and I think something exclusive concerning the heroine of the PSP game? Not too sure.

Regardless, I think I want this, I saw the advert on the PSN store and 'Simple and Clean' just hit me square on. the Final Mix versions of KH1 and 2 alone make this worth it I think, let alone the rest (I just remembered we get the 3d remake of Chains of Memories if that trailer is correct, and that is a good game). I'm sure this is good way to get burnt out on the series forever, but I'm sure KH3 will be delayed for a few more months so you can space the games out more. :P

At their core, they're actually really good action RPGs imo, the fanbase is split on which is better, I find KH1 more difficult and combat more considered, but KH2 is undeniably flashy as hell, and fun in it's own right.

And the original game was just lovely from start to finish tbh. <3

Offline martTM

• Empirical
  • Real men play Spencer
    • View Profile
    • Shoddy Journalism
    • Email
« Reply #64: March 21, 2017, 05:29:57 AM »
Want

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 and 2.5 Final Mix HD collection

Although this also includes the PSP game, Birth by Sleep and movie collections for the 2 3DS games (spreading such a convoluted series on almost every single platform? Genius!) and I think something exclusive concerning the heroine of the PSP game? Not too sure.

You're thinking of the other game they released, Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue. KH1.5/2.5 is the first two games redone for PS4 with all the bells and whistles, KHHD2.8 (which is already out) is the collection of other things.

Offline Garwoofoo

• Legend
  • Not Welsh
    • View Profile
« Reply #65: March 21, 2017, 05:48:48 AM »
I'm pretty sure 1.5 and 2.5 include other stuff as well, some conversions of the portable games or at least movies tying the plots together. Apparently it's borderline incomprehensible if you don't play almost every game in the correct order.

I really enjoyed the first game when I played it on release all those years ago, but it's this kind of convoluted bullshit that's stopped me playing anything further in the series.

Offline Brian Bloodaxe

• Legend
  • The natural enemy of giant insects.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #66: March 21, 2017, 06:37:36 AM »
Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue.

I can't tell if this is a joke or not.

Offline Garwoofoo

• Legend
  • Not Welsh
    • View Profile
« Reply #67: March 21, 2017, 06:59:48 AM »
Oh, it's real.

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue includes a high-definition remaster of Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance, as well as two new pieces of content to the Kingdom Hearts series. The first, Kingdom Hearts Back Cover, is a cinematic based on Kingdom Hearts that details events not shown in the original game. The other, Kingdom Hearts 0.2: Birth by Sleep – A Fragmentary Passage, is an original game that takes place after the events of Dream Drop Distance, with a majority of the story taking place after the events of Birth by Sleep and during the events of Kingdom Hearts, from the perspective of Aqua. Back Cover and A Fragmentary Passage were the tenth and eleventh installments in the Kingdom Hearts series.

Which also confirms my impressions that 2.8 is a load of extra stuff that's supplemental to all the various games included in the packages for 1.5 and 2.5.

Offline feltmonkey

• Empirical
  • i'm a disgrace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68: March 22, 2017, 05:30:56 AM »
I'm looking forward to 2.95b Penultimate Chapter Epilogue.

Offline Mr Party Hat

• Empirical
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #69: March 22, 2017, 06:15:57 AM »

Offline Garwoofoo

• Legend
  • Not Welsh
    • View Profile
« Reply #70: March 22, 2017, 07:05:42 AM »
I'm just relieved we've been spared Kingdom Hearts Back Passage.

Offline Alastor

• Empirical
    • View Profile
« Reply #71: March 22, 2017, 06:31:37 PM »
I've looked it up and yeah, it seems 2.8 is the PSP and 3DS games, but I'm pretty sure KH2FM in the other collection comes with the Chains of Memories 'interquel' (and as interquels go, I thought it was a great game on GBA and the full 3D remake is pretty crazy as far as remakes go), but you need to like card based combat) since that was always just an extra with KH2FM?

EDIT - no, according to PSN with 'Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 + 2.5 ReMIX' weg et:

-Kingdom Hearts Final Mix

-Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories

-Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days (Cinematic compilation, good because it was pretty naff)

-Kingdom hearts II Final Mix

-Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep Final Mix

-Kingdom Hearts Re:coded

So...3 main games, 2 cutscene compilations which are probably superior ways to enjoy those particular titles tbh,. Soooo tempted. :o

With 'Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue' we get:

- Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance (the 3DS game)

-Kingdom Hearts X Back Cover (movie, apparently a story on the very very backstory of the KH universe, as if it wasn't convoluted enough, lol)

-Kingdom Hearts 0.2 Birth by Sleep - A Fragmentary Passage (short interquel leading up to KHIII I believe, apparently very short, hence 'fragment')

(Those fucking titles)

Seems the former is a better buy, who the fuck is going to go out of their way to buy Dream Drop Distance and a short demo like segment? It should have been in the former collection.

Offline Alastor

• Empirical
    • View Profile
« Reply #72: March 28, 2017, 09:08:16 PM »
Bin - Heavensward

No, this isn't what you think, I haven't suddenly grown weary of this game, the latest and final patch before the Stormblood expansion just dropped and finalised the story of Ishgarde and moved the setting towards Ala Mhigo/Doma.

It was woefully short, 4 missions but we saw the Samurai mentor, we saw his skills as we fought alongside him, we found out who the 'Lady in Red' from the trailer was.

(click to show/hide)

And we got not one, but two big names turn up.

(click to show/hide)

Nowhere near as eventful as ARR to Heavensward was, no one got an arm chopped off this time, but I'm still excited.

And the Raid has been unlocked, FINALLY, I've beat the raid before the echo buff dropped thankfully so now I can farm it again and again guilt free for my axe and also farm the latest Primal for the mount.

Offline Ninchilla

• Empirical
    • View Profile
    • Ninchilla
« Reply #73: March 29, 2017, 04:22:03 AM »
They've expanded the trial for FFXIV, haven't they? No longer expires, or something. Might have a look, though I remember the beta being a bit clunky, UI- wise.

Offline Garwoofoo

• Legend
  • Not Welsh
    • View Profile
« Reply #74: March 29, 2017, 04:45:11 AM »
The UI definitely takes some getting used to. It's perfectly fine once you do, but you need to be prepared to persevere with it initially.

Great, great game though. If only I could remember what I was doing and how to play it, I'd probably resubscribe.