Username: Password:

Author Topic: ITT We get very, exhaustedly excited about GTA IV!  (Read 116822 times)

Offline Lt. Eggman5

• Way Cool Jr.
  • Monarch
    • View Profile
    • Iain Radio!

What the HELL, people? Apparently, a few mentions in 'Want' is about as excited as you get for the Undisputed Greatest Game of All Time. I mean seriously, from Dok7 to Koffdrop, god rest his soul, the only reason you haven't made this thread is because you haven't digested enough. If you have truly digested everything, then you haven't sat alone thinking about how it fits in all possible combinations like the almighty Cosmic AC. This is the slickest website in history and this is where I go for all my latest news, as they conveniently update anytime any magazine or website anywhere in the world breaks new information with Rockstar gleefully leading everyone down the path with teeny, tiny morsels of bread.

Tags:WOW![/span]It's awesome! Days of the week, street names, it's NY, [span\'color:purple\']WOW![/span] dude drops a can physics, cover mechanic, interiors, killing dudes is horrific?, [span\'color:purple\']WOW![/span] hotwiring, browse the internet? functioning cell phone, [span\'color:purple\']WOW!MULTIPLAYER! ENDLESS LISTS OF BODACIOUS STUFF!

The Hype Starts Here
« Last Edit: March 18, 2008, 01:12:42 PM by Lt. Eggman5 »

Offline aniki

• Empirical
  • never knows best
    • View Profile
    • the demon download
I was listening to a podcast earlier wherein they said they didn't know anybody who wasn't all hyped up for GTA IV, but I'm afraid I don't see the big deal.

I'll play it - I might even buy it, eventually - but for now it's just The Next GTA Game; nothing I've seen or read has seriously suggested that there's anything new or different or worth getting excited about in the game.

Offline Garwoofoo

• Legend
  • Not Welsh
    • View Profile
it's just The Next GTA Game; nothing I've seen or read has seriously suggested that there's anything new or different or worth getting excited about in the game.
[snapback]47741[/snapback]
My thoughts entirely.  Not a bad thing: I like GTA, and I'll be getting this.  But so far all I've seen is a whole lot of hype and a couple of very bad trailers.  It doesn't even look particularly next-gen.

Offline G_H

• Commandant
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Heeeeyyyy, hold on a second. Now I may be more deranged than the leader of an Insane Clown Posse fanclub who happens to be a lobotomy patient on LSD, but I could swear I detected some sarcasm in the Lieutenant's post.

Anyway, I would get excited about this if I had a PS3 or 360, if I didn't wait to buy my games at least a year so I don't get ripped off on launch prices, and if I didn't get San Andreas just last week only to find it appearing rather bland and returning to the (in my opinion) unbeatable GTA3.
I'm glad this is gonna be set in Liberty City, but not glad enough to erase my rage over the fact this is once again not being developped for the PC so that -even though no PC version has be announced- we will undoubtedly get an extremely crappy conversion later on. 3 and VC were fine, but what they did with the frame-limiter/no vsync combo in SA is unforgivable.
Will probably enjoy this very much in 4 years.

DoktorSeven

Well, given that I want the PC version more than the consoles (the console versions have always had awkward controls, to me anyway).  SA was the unfortunate exception, the controls in that one felt more like a sloppy console conversion than the smooth controls of 3 and (the vastly superior GTA game in my mind) VC.

I really hope that IV goes away from that, plus the whole kitchen sink gameplay feel of SA that felt like you had way too much to do at any one time, plus the whole urban thug life thing just felt too "serious" to me.  The tongue-in-cheek VC was definitely the way to do GTA, and I loved every moment.  It's the only GTA that I've gone back and replayed the whole thing through to completion multiple times (!).

Here's hoping IV will be good.

Offline richmcc

• Commandant
    • View Profile
    • http://
The hype handles itself with GTA, so there's no real need to hype it up in your own mind. Because it's been hyped.

Do you see?

DoktorSeven

Every hype time I talk about hype GTAIV, I'm hype going to randomly hype insert the hype word "hype" into my hype sentences, hype.

That should hype help hype the hype up.  Hype.

Offline Mr. Nick

• Diplomat
    • View Profile
Someone say G....T....A....?

wwwwwaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Seriously though I'm looking forward to this one and with all this news about the multiplayer content as well, I feel like I'll may be getting my moneys worth by buying this.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2008, 02:19:10 PM by Mr. Nick »

Offline Lt. Eggman5

• Way Cool Jr.
  • Monarch
    • View Profile
    • Iain Radio!
In all rational thoughts, I'm a PC man myself, it's the place I truly played the last two titles. However, there is NO WAY I'm waiting to play this, if it is as good as I have built up within myself, I will never be seen alive again.

Offline argh zombies

• Empirical
    • AOL Instant Messenger - gray+fingertips
    • View Profile
    • Pick Roar
    • Email
Way to piss on the kid's chips, everyone who isn't me. :angry:

I bet you'd burst his football if he kicked it into your yard.

GTAIV will likely be Earth's Greatest Video Game. If Rockstar said it was not to be sold traditionally, and instead could only be swapped for all my other favorite games, I would say this was fine. Because they are not Earth's Greatest Video Game.

Offline Lt. Eggman5

• Way Cool Jr.
  • Monarch
    • View Profile
    • Iain Radio!
It's like here I am trying to eat these chips, but you guys piss on them.

Time constraints stopped me making a 'things to get excited about' section, there are quite simply that many. READ RECENT PREVIEWS.

Heeeeyyyy, hold on a second. Now I may be more deranged than the leader of an Insane Clown Posse fanclub who happens to be a lobotomy patient on LSD, but I could swear I detected some sarcasm in the Lieutenant's post.
[snapback]47743[/snapback]

And believe it or note, my sincerity is almost indistinguishable from my insincerity.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2008, 02:52:38 PM by Lt. Eggman5 »

Offline Wev

• Empirical
  • Rebel Scum
    • MSN Messenger - rivaoni@gmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - ARivaOni
    • View Profile
    • bitparade
I try not to buy into hype, it ultimately leads to dissapointment, I'll maybe read one or two things about a game and decide from there if I want it on Day One or not, otherwise I wait until the first week is over and see what peoples opinions are then as by then some people have usually got to a point where their initial hype as died down and they can give a proper opinion on the game.

Offline Brian Bloodaxe

• Legend
  • The natural enemy of giant insects.
    • View Profile
    • Email
I am very excited by this and will certainly be playing it. At some point. The trouble is I have another few games that I am also very excited about that I am dying to play so I am in no particular hurry for IV. I fully expect everyone else in here to be playing this within a fortnight of release though.

Although, it's gotta be worth the entry price just to see the blood of Luscan's forehead on every inch of coastline!

Offline Swallow

• Monarch
    • View Profile
GTA =/= absolute disinterest.

Offline Ianos

• Monarch
    • View Profile
    • http://www.play-mag.co.uk
    • Email
I have an irrational reaction to people who claim to dislike, or not be interested in, GTA games. My brain simply refuses to accept this as a legitimate claim and I get completely stupefied.

I mean, fair play - I get annoyed about all the endless hype from every corner, how all the magazines shit the exact same information down your throat for months on end (with slightly different re-writes, natch). But the games themselves~? That's when the brain blocks off all reasonable reactions and gets silly.

I mean, it's a modern series that even Dok likes. That must tell the doubters something.