Username: Password:

Author Topic: PlayStation Plus  (Read 163935 times)

Offline martTM

• Empirical
  • Real men play Spencer
    • View Profile
    • Shoddy Journalism
    • Email
Re: PlayStation Plus
« Reply #2070: March 01, 2018, 04:55:37 AM »
It's been long enough now that I think I don't mind doing it. Immediately off the back of finishing it the first time, I really couldn't face it. Now though... :)

Offline JDubYes

• Empirical
  • Mower of toast
    • View Profile
« Reply #2071: March 01, 2018, 05:15:31 AM »
This has worked out very nicely - I might actually finally get around to R&C (and can give my nephew my disc copy), and can also now just have Bloodborne on the HDD at all times. Much more likely to go back to it as a game to dip into these days to play it as my "main" game, and I never did get around to the DLC...

I think this'll finally get me to play both of these (again), anyway, and I can't bloody wait. Completely ridiculous that a free copy of each is so exciting when I already own them both*, but there you go.

* I keep buying digital copies of games I already own (generally to give the discs to my nephew or Marit), and pretty much never play anything other than what's on my HDD(s) anymore. That actually goes for my 3DS too, thinking about it.

Offline Brian Bloodaxe

• Legend
  • The natural enemy of giant insects.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2072: March 01, 2018, 05:55:43 AM »
Am I right that Ratchet & Clank is a remaster rather than a new game?

Offline aniki

• Empirical
  • never knows best
    • View Profile
    • the demon download
« Reply #2073: March 01, 2018, 05:57:38 AM »
Well, it's slightly more than a remaster, as I understand it - it's a ground-up rebuild of the first game, rather than just some new HD textures. I never played the original though, so I don't know if there's much change to the content or level design.

Offline Brian Bloodaxe

• Legend
  • The natural enemy of giant insects.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2074: March 01, 2018, 06:07:15 AM »
Well, it's slightly more than a remaster, as I understand it - it's a ground-up rebuild of the first game, rather than just some new HD textures. I never played the original though, so I don't know if there's much change to the content or level design.

I'm almost curious enough to play it just to find out what they changed. I have played through the original a number of times.

Offline Garwoofoo

• Legend
  • Not Welsh
    • View Profile
« Reply #2075: March 01, 2018, 06:22:10 AM »
It’s pretty different I think. Definitely a remake rather than a remaster (you can get a straight remaster on PS3 or Vita if that’s what you’re after).

Offline Mr Party Hat

• Empirical
    • View Profile
« Reply #2076: March 01, 2018, 06:25:07 AM »
They made a film based on the original PS2 game. Then they made this PS4 game based on the film, based on the game.

So it's pretty much the same, and most of the environments will be familiar. But the story doesn't make much sense as it's trying to hit the same beats as the film, without anywhere near as much time for exposition.

Not that anyone plays R&C games for the story, and it's still a brilliant game from what I remember.

Offline Garwoofoo

• Legend
  • Not Welsh
    • View Profile
« Reply #2077: March 01, 2018, 06:27:33 AM »
It does have incredible cutscenes though.

Offline martTM

• Empirical
  • Real men play Spencer
    • View Profile
    • Shoddy Journalism
    • Email
« Reply #2078: March 28, 2018, 11:48:05 AM »
This month's games have been revealed:

• Mad Max
• Trackmania Turbo
• Two PS3 games that, let's face it, no-one cares about
• 99 Vidas
• A fucking Q*Bert remaster, as if anyone actually asked for that

99 Vidas is okay! Very Streets of Rage, if a bit limited. Mad Max is meant to be good. Trackmania has VR in it, I believe. So, yeah.

Speaking of VR though, the WipEout update on PS4 got VR added to it today. Apparently, it's ace. I'll check it out when I bother to unpack my VR headset.

Offline JDubYes

• Empirical
  • Mower of toast
    • View Profile
« Reply #2079: March 28, 2018, 12:43:38 PM »
I bought Trackmania in a sale last year, it’s actually really good fun. Might start playing it a bit more again if there’ll be (high-score) activity on there, even though I am terrible at it.

Offline Garwoofoo

• Legend
  • Not Welsh
    • View Profile
« Reply #2080: March 28, 2018, 03:24:11 PM »
I've got Trackmania but for some stupid reason I bought it on the Xbox One.  I'll happily set a few lap times on the PS4 version though.

Speaking of Xbox, though, their Games With Gold service next month is giving away The Witness and Assassin's Creed Syndicate, which makes the PS4 offerings look distinctly anaemic.

Offline martTM

• Empirical
  • Real men play Spencer
    • View Profile
    • Shoddy Journalism
    • Email
« Reply #2081: March 28, 2018, 04:08:17 PM »
The Witness is wonderful. I envy anyone getting to play that for the first time.

I have Trackmania as well, but I remember getting to a certain track where the times to pass just seemed impossible and then I stopped. Never went back. I heard the VR mode was particularly vomit-inducing. Hmm.

Offline Ninchilla

• Empirical
    • View Profile
    • Ninchilla
« Reply #2082: March 28, 2018, 06:12:26 PM »
Mad Max has been an almost-purchase for me for ages, but I was never quite sure enough of the pedigree to make the leap. Trackmania I haven't played since the very first one on PC, yeeeeears ago. Why have they rebooted Q*Bert? Never heard of the others.