Username: Password:

Author Topic: short server downtime.  (Read 2926 times)

Offline miskie

• Hardware Torturer
  • Administrator
  • Empirical
    • ICQ Messenger - 15546514
    • MSN Messenger - miskiecat
    • AOL Instant Messenger - miskiecat
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - o0miskie0o
    • View Profile
    • http://miskie.com
    • Email
short server downtime.
« Topic Start: March 02, 2014, 11:58:11 PM »
Just finished performing a series of upgrades, a kernel update, and a reboot. As a result, The Sock was down for about 5 to 10 minutes. -first downtime in nearly a year. Everything should be functioning normally now, and should continue to do so for the foreseeable future.

Offline Lt. Eggman5

• Way Cool Jr.
  • Monarch
    • View Profile
    • Iain Radio!
Re: short server downtime.
« Reply #1: March 03, 2014, 10:07:40 AM »
Hail miskie!

Offline big mean bunny

• Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: March 03, 2014, 05:03:07 PM »
Just finished performing a series of upgrades, a kernel update, and a reboot. As a result, The Sock was down for about 5 to 10 minutes. -first downtime in nearly a year. Everything should be functioning normally now, and should continue to do so for the foreseeable future.

have spoken to my mp about it, he wants to know who we speak to about a compo claim Miskie?

Offline Luscan

• Empirical
    • MSN Messenger - getoffamycloud@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: March 03, 2014, 05:19:53 PM »
Miskie, I got an email from you today saying I should come back and post more often. I will endeavour to do so, much to the inevitable displeasure of others.

Offline miskie

• Hardware Torturer
  • Administrator
  • Empirical
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4: March 03, 2014, 07:41:11 PM »
Miskie, I got an email from you today saying I should come back and post more often. I will endeavour to do so, much to the inevitable displeasure of others.

Excellent. Displeasing others is one of my personal life goals. Spreading displeasure at my insistence provides a warm feeling in my heart. Or maybe that's indigestion.

have spoken to my mp about it, he wants to know who we speak to about a compo claim Miskie?

As a lifelong resident of New England, I claim diplomatic immunity. As an aside - I also claim that despite its name, New England isn't any better than England Classic, and it is actually quite a bit worse in several key areas.

Offline big mean bunny

• Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: March 04, 2014, 02:04:41 PM »

Excellent. Displeasing others is one of my personal life goals. Spreading displeasure at my insistence provides a warm feeling in my heart. Or maybe that's indigestion.

As a lifelong resident of New England, I claim diplomatic immunity. As an aside - I also claim that despite its name, New England isn't any better than England Classic, and it is actually quite a bit worse in several key areas.

I don't like the name England Classic, I think we should rebrand to British Lite HD. That incorporates some pretty modern buzz words that everyone can enjoy.

Offline miskie

• Hardware Torturer
  • Administrator
  • Empirical
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6: March 04, 2014, 06:25:14 PM »
I don't like the name England Classic, I think we should rebrand to British Lite HD. That incorporates some pretty modern buzz words that everyone can enjoy.

Oh, that's quite good -  It also implies that one is going to be bombarded by advertisements and/or be without the full British HD experience unless one pays. - that pretty much describes the experience here as well. Anyway, since we can't both be called British Lite HD, and since the New England region is a part of the United States - where bigger is ALWAYS better - I have decided that New England needs to be re-branded as 'Super England II Turbo -EX'.  To drive the point home, I have also decreed that our version of Brown Sauce (A1) will be fired out of cannons at unsuspecting diners.