Username: Password:

Author Topic: The Bargains Thread  (Read 324939 times)

Offline Retroid

• Commandant
    • View Profile
    • http://
Re: The Bargains Thread
« Reply #15: March 19, 2005, 08:18:49 PM »
Did it today twice, swapped 8 £2.99 games and £2 on top for MGS 3 and GT4.

Totaling up to £23.92, not bad.

Offline cavalcade

• Legend
  • Popty Ping
    • View Profile
    • The doyouinverts
« Reply #16: March 21, 2005, 09:00:48 AM »
Did it today twice, swapped 8 £2.99 games and £2 on top for MGS 3 and GT4.

Totaling up to £23.92, not bad.
[snapback]9713[/snapback]

Yup, I was back in with three 2.99 and one 1.99 game to buy Legend Of Zelda Four Swords. 11.95? Why I couldn't, no really... oh OK then.

Still got a heap of crap ready to trade, but have to keep shifting between branches of GAME as it's supposed to be 1 deal per customer. I might need to start wearing disguises or sending in my girlfriend to do it....

Damn that Doom 3 release date! Damn it to Hades! 8th of April, promo ends 6th of April. However you can, according to one branch I asked in, still use the 10 day return and exchange past the end of the promo... so worth a shot I reckon.

« Reply #17: March 21, 2005, 01:54:35 PM »
For anyone who hasn't bought a Gamecube yet - this is worth a look....

I noticed in this weekends paper that Toys 'R' Us will be selling a Gamecube with Donkey Konga, Bongo Controllers and a copy of Sonic Heroes...

The price?

Just £49.99!!!!  :o

I wish I didn't have one just so I could feel I got a bargain!

If I remember, the offer is on until 4th April (or until stocks last) so get yourself down there now!  :)

Offline Prole

• Administrator
  • Empirical
  • Nunc tempus est ut terrore
    • MSN Messenger - Prole
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18: March 23, 2005, 04:44:10 AM »
For anyone who hasn't bought a Gamecube yet - this is worth a look....

I noticed in this weekends paper that Toys 'R' Us will be selling a Gamecube with Donkey Konga, Bongo Controllers and a copy of Sonic Heroes...

The price?

Just £49.99!!!!  :o

[snapback]9781[/snapback]

Remember me saying that I'd only have one home console in the house...

Well, I couldn't pass this up.  What with the talk of Resi 4 and the price of this I've cracked.  I'll be picking mine up later today.

BTW - price was £59.99, but still - bargain!

Offline Samor

• Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: March 23, 2005, 05:08:44 AM »
hm....

no, no no...I just got a ds....
*slaps head*
« Last Edit: March 23, 2005, 05:09:24 AM by Samor »

Offline Prole

• Administrator
  • Empirical
    • MSN Messenger - Prole
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20: March 23, 2005, 07:47:54 AM »
In preparation for launching myself into the realm of Cubist gaming, I bought Cube magazine.  Fantastically, it was giving away a free memory card if bought at WHSmiths - so that's another fiver saved.  Woo-hoo!

Offline cavalcade

• Legend
  • Popty Ping
    • View Profile
    • The doyouinverts
« Reply #21: March 23, 2005, 08:43:12 AM »
Dixons have a sale on - Shenmue 2 and DOA:BV at 7.97 each. This can be slightly bettered by buying them in the Blockbuster 3 preowned for 22 quid sale, that includes the self same titles (plus other fairly decent ones).

« Reply #22: March 23, 2005, 08:51:24 AM »
Remember me saying that I'd only have one home console in the house...

Well, I couldn't pass this up.  What with the talk of Resi 4 and the price of this I've cracked.  I'll be picking mine up later today.

BTW - price was £59.99, but still - bargain!
[snapback]9860[/snapback]

Yeah - just realised.... there was a cut-out voucher that you needed to achieve the £49.99 in the ad that I saw

Now get down game with some rubbish games and swap them plus 99p for Resident Evil!!  :D

Offline cavalcade

• Legend
  • Popty Ping
    • View Profile
    • The doyouinverts
« Reply #23: March 23, 2005, 06:43:44 PM »
Even with postage...

One of the best GBA Games available...

Rumours abound that the gameplay easter sale will also have some startling bargains. Promo literature features Killzone, so there's always hope it'll be in there at a tenner or something... Starts 9am 25th.

HMV also have an in store sale, rumours of Resi Evil games (from 2 up till pre-4) onwards at 5.99 a pop. In store, unconfirmed.

Offline Prole

• Administrator
  • Empirical
    • MSN Messenger - Prole
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24: March 24, 2005, 03:42:31 AM »
Now get down game with some rubbish games and swap them plus 99p for Resident Evil!!  :D
[snapback]9871[/snapback]

Oh yes!  This will be mine.

Actually, I'm really excited about this GC lark.  Just going through the directory at the back of Cube showed me how many decent games I've yet to play - and the best thing is that an awful lot of them are going to be available pre-owned and / or dirt cheap.  Marvellous!

I've been feeling a bit under the weather recently, so I didn't spend much time on it yesterday.  Donkey Konga is obviously a game for mentalists... but is going to be wicked fun with a few friends and drinks.  Sonic Heroes is distinctly average, but that doesn't mean that it's necessarily bad and it's quite compelling in it's own bizarre way.  If you're me, that is.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2005, 03:43:18 AM by Prole »

« Reply #25: March 24, 2005, 12:06:47 PM »
Donkey Konga is obviously a game for mentalists... but is going to be wicked fun with a few friends and drinks.
[snapback]9905[/snapback]

Be very careful with Donkey Konga..... especially on alcohol/any other substance..... When I play it, I concentrate so hard that I get into this "zone" where nothing but a few centimetres of screen where the notes pass by are visible to me..... everything else goes blurry and my eyes lock-on and will not move!!!

After so long of this zone, it makes everything else you look at "pulsate"... the only thing I can liken it to is if you've ever watched a black/white spiral shape spinning for a while - it makes your eyesight go really strange and when you look back at your skin, it looks like it's crawling!  :o

Does anyone have the faintest clue what I mean here?  :huh:  :P

Offline Prole

• Administrator
  • Empirical
    • MSN Messenger - Prole
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26: March 24, 2005, 12:10:42 PM »
Yes.  I've posted once on here already, but a good session on Gridrunner++, followed immediately by working in Excel does odd things to your brain.

Offline cavalcade

• Legend
  • Popty Ping
    • View Profile
    • The doyouinverts
« Reply #27: March 24, 2005, 12:13:23 PM »
The gameplay sale is mince - you can use this link to preview before it goes out to the general public tomorrow. Only thing of interest is the pretty good Breakdown on Xbox for a fiver:

Breakdown and some other cak

Offline slash89

• Commandant
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #28: March 30, 2005, 09:50:22 AM »
Simply wonderful, I just traded in, in my local GAME store 3 copies of sega slam soccer and some cack wrestling game for resi evil 4. Total price £9.95. Ooooh I feel so dirty!  ^_^  :P . While im here I may as well say "Damn you Koff for your gametracker advice, so many unneccesary purchases!!, but the prices are so low."

http://www.play.com/play247.asp?page=promo...X&id=579&pa=prp

You may want to check that out for Xbox bargains, Pro Evo 4 £17 sold!

Offline cavalcade

• Legend
  • Popty Ping
    • View Profile
    • The doyouinverts
« Reply #29: April 01, 2005, 07:23:34 AM »
Splinet Cell: Chaos Theory - 24.99 new at Virgin In Store. PS2 and Xbox.

Shenmue 2 Xbox (if you can find a copy) - is also scanning out at 2.97 in branches of Currys.