Username: Password:

Author Topic: The Bargains Thread  (Read 324991 times)

Offline martTM

• Empirical
  • Real men play Spencer
    • View Profile
    • Shoddy Journalism
    • Email
Re: The Bargains Thread
« Reply #3825: January 28, 2018, 12:03:04 PM »
I saw that Mart, but even after watching the trailer I wasn't sure what the game actually was genre wise.

Started trying to explain, then realised we've got a whole thread on it that you can read instead.

Offline big mean bunny

• Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #3826: January 28, 2018, 05:14:52 PM »
Cheers that seems pretty cool actually. I am thinking I might prefer to play that on the tele though, will have a check what it looks like on xbox one first before seeing what to grab.

Offline martTM

• Empirical
  • Real men play Spencer
    • View Profile
    • Shoddy Journalism
    • Email
« Reply #3827: February 07, 2018, 03:51:32 PM »
Sony currently has a 'Games Under £4' sale on PSN and there's some decent stuff buried under the dross. Spent a tenner on three titles (Rise & Shine, Small Radios Big Televisions - or is it the other way round? - and Her Majesty's Spiffing, the trailer of which made me laugh) so that's okay. Only played R&S so far... it's alright. Needs button config options though, since it puts the gun trigger on the fucking analogue R2. Ugh.

« Reply #3828: February 08, 2018, 07:48:48 AM »
I bought The Flame in the Flood in that sale.

Offline JDubYes

• Empirical
  • Mower of toast
    • View Profile
« Reply #3829: March 01, 2018, 06:05:11 AM »
The Digital sale on PSN this week is a good one, with a few absolute corkers in there. The Witness is under £8, Observer is heavily discounted for about the first time I've seen, and there's a few other other good 'uns (like Crypt of the Necrodancer), though I can't remember them all because I own most of them anyway...

Mainly made the post to draw attention to Steamworld Dig (£2.50) and Steamworld Heist (£4) though, as they are lovely, joyful little games, and while they're not really expensive at the best of times, for those prices they're amazing.

For referennce, Dig is a fun little Metroidvania with some Dig Dug thrown in, and Heist is like someone made a brilliant 2D mashup of some of the best things about XCOM (turn-based strategy!), Worms (in that you do the aiming yourself, with no dice-rolls!), The Swindle (stealing things in a cartoony world!) and Firefly (space pirates!). I only started the latter last night, have played an hour or two, and love it so far.

Offline martTM

• Empirical
  • Real men play Spencer
    • View Profile
    • Shoddy Journalism
    • Email
« Reply #3830: March 01, 2018, 06:30:25 AM »
I only started the latter last night, have played an hour or two, and love it so far.

It's genuinely awesome, I loved it all the way through.

Good luck getting all the hats though. That's an obsession even I gave up on...

Offline big mean bunny

• Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #3831: March 05, 2018, 07:58:34 AM »
Got a spare key for Shadowrun returns if anyone wants it?

Offline martTM

• Empirical
  • Real men play Spencer
    • View Profile
    • Shoddy Journalism
    • Email
« Reply #3832: March 08, 2018, 06:34:21 AM »
I don't want to be 'that guy' who summons the vultures, but Toys R Us is having a closing down sale. Current discount level in store appears to be 20-25% off, though the manager just said it's likely to go up as the weeks go on. The shelves were pretty ransacked when I just looked, not a huge amount of good things worth getting. However, I did grab Metroid: Samus Returns on 3DS for £20 which I think isn't bad, considering Nintendo stuff never drops in price.

If you're after some LEGO or other toys, it's probably worth a look. Got my eye on a LEGO Batman Riddler car when the discounts drop below 50%...

Offline big mean bunny

• Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #3833: March 09, 2018, 01:51:41 PM »
Went down last week to get a scuttlebug.pretty  Sad as my little girl was loving running about in there and grabbing stuff off the shelfs, so was the first and last time she will do that. Its been completely stripped the Chesterfield one of games though mostly, zero Switch stuff what so ever and the animal crossing amibos that no one wants even when they are £2.99 elsewhere.

Offline martTM

• Empirical
  • Real men play Spencer
    • View Profile
    • Shoddy Journalism
    • Email
« Reply #3834: March 11, 2018, 09:34:32 AM »
I've been told today's the last day for a lot of stores. My local one is apparently a distribution store so as the others close down, it's getting shipments of stuff that was left behind in those. Going to pay another visit today, just in case. It's unlikely I'll leave with anything, but then again you never know what might show up. Will take the boy as well, he might see something he likes.

Offline big mean bunny

• Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #3835: March 11, 2018, 10:44:03 AM »
I was in a different toys r us yesterday and they had the Skylanders packs left for the Switch, that was literally the only games thing.

Offline martTM

• Empirical
  • Real men play Spencer
    • View Profile
    • Shoddy Journalism
    • Email
« Reply #3836: March 11, 2018, 11:58:26 AM »
Mine has FIFA 18 and LEGO Ninjago for Switch, Destiny 2 and WWE 2K18 for PS4/Xbox One, two copies of Metroid: Samus Returns on 3DS... and that's about it for games.

The boy wants various things once the 80-90% discounts kick in - the expensive LEGO Batman sets (the £130 ones) and a battery-powered Mercedes. At least one of these things, he definitely won't be getting. :)

Offline Garwoofoo

• Legend
  • Not Welsh
    • View Profile
« Reply #3837: March 11, 2018, 02:44:41 PM »
How much are they doing the 3DS Metroid game for? I'd definitely get that, not that I've got much chance of getting to a Toys 'r' Us in the next few days... plus ours always looked like it was in the middle of a clearance sale even when it was apparently fully stocked.

Offline martTM

• Empirical
  • Real men play Spencer
    • View Profile
    • Shoddy Journalism
    • Email
« Reply #3838: March 11, 2018, 06:55:57 PM »
How much are they doing the 3DS Metroid game for? I'd definitely get that, not that I've got much chance of getting to a Toys 'r' Us in the next few days... plus ours always looked like it was in the middle of a clearance sale even when it was apparently fully stocked.

It was marked £39.99, reduced to £29.99 and then the closing down sale discount took it down to £23.99 (I think... wasn't more). It'll be less when the discount gets deeper, I think.

If you can wait a few weeks though, you can just borrow my copy when I'm done with it. :)

Offline Garwoofoo

• Legend
  • Not Welsh
    • View Profile
« Reply #3839: March 11, 2018, 07:32:55 PM »
I’ll take you up on that :)