Username: Password:

Author Topic: Star Wars X-Wing Minatures Game  (Read 9918 times)

Offline cavalcade

• Legend
  • Popty Ping
    • View Profile
    • The doyouinverts
Re: Star Wars X-Wing Minatures Game
« Reply #45: June 05, 2016, 01:47:11 PM »
Which is why going to a club or getting a demo in your FLGS is important....

Offline Ninchilla

• Empirical
    • View Profile
    • Ninchilla
« Reply #46: June 05, 2016, 01:56:09 PM »
Or, you know, just reading the rules...

Offline big mean bunny

• Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #47: June 05, 2016, 02:21:56 PM »
Ha! well if the set you have is similar to mine then one of the books is a quick start guide that is quite light and the other is scarily in depth if you don't know what you are doing.

The over lapping can cancel out someones attempt to move or at least put them back until there is no contact yes? so can be used to block K turns, barell rolls and the like that you might try to use to evade an attacker from what I can tell?

Offline Ninchilla

• Empirical
    • View Profile
    • Ninchilla
« Reply #48: June 05, 2016, 03:10:42 PM »
If a ship's final position would overlap, then you move back until they aren't overlapping, but they do still touch.

I think.

Maybe I read that wrong, too.

Offline Brian Bloodaxe

• Legend
  • The natural enemy of giant insects.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #49: June 05, 2016, 03:29:52 PM »
If a ship's final position would overlap, then you move back until they aren't overlapping, but they do still touch.

I think.

Maybe I read that wrong, too.

That's what I thought the rule was. I'm not sure what else it could be really.

Offline cavalcade

• Legend
  • Popty Ping
    • View Profile
    • The doyouinverts
« Reply #50: June 05, 2016, 08:54:04 PM »
That's it. If you bump you also take no action. If you block a K turn the person still takes a stress, moves back along the template until it's touching and bumped, but doesn't turn 180 degrees. As you can imagine, this can be devastating - hence blocking being a critical part of controlling your opponent.

Offline Ninchilla

• Empirical
    • View Profile
    • Ninchilla
« Reply #51: June 06, 2016, 10:41:20 AM »
Clarification on that: if a ship is blocked from completing a regular (non-K-turn) green/red maneuver, does it still remove/gain stress?

Offline cavalcade

• Legend
  • Popty Ping
    • View Profile
    • The doyouinverts
« Reply #52: June 06, 2016, 08:15:13 PM »
If a ship performs a green move, and has a stress, but the move is blocked, the ship moves as normal, sheds the stress, and cannot take an action (as it bumps). Likewise, if it tries a red move and can't make it, it still takes a stress regardless of whether the move completes. And this is very much the core of the game. X-Wing is often more about controlling the position of your opponents ships, rather than purely about the positioning of your own.

Offline cavalcade

• Legend
  • Popty Ping
    • View Profile
    • The doyouinverts
« Reply #53: June 06, 2016, 08:20:10 PM »
Already on felt's painting thread on rllmuk, but I painted my Hawks (along with some other S&V fighters).

They look pretty smart. I was never a fan of the off-green of the smaller Scum ships....

Offline big mean bunny

• Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #54: June 26, 2016, 12:57:54 PM »
Just ordered the original box set so we have more ships and Luke Skywalker, the terrifying thing, it was the missus that was keen on that to happen, she has also been telling me to order the Tie Interceptor pack that gets you Darth Vader and asking if I want ships for Xmas.

Amusingly (I think it is anyway) she refers to this as 'the star wars measuring game' and has started saying things like 'when my new ships get her I can put all my army in one of the boxes'.