Username: Password:

Author Topic: Vision On. Painting and stuff with Tony Felthartmonkey.  (Read 12163 times)

Offline cavalcade

• Legend
  • Popty Ping
    • View Profile
    • The doyouinverts
I love the fire ones. I've been doing mine with the same reversed paint scheme as they look a lot better (not as good as yours mind).

Shouldn't the shell be brown on the terrapin though? I've done mine brown, and I'm worried....

Offline feltmonkey

• Empirical
  • i'm a disgrace.
    • View Profile
Probably.  I'm going to do them all different colours.  I googled turtles, tortoises, and terrapins, and it seems they just don't give a fuck.  They're all kinds of weird colours.  I'm doing my next one grey, I think.

Thanks for the kind words.  :)

Offline feltmonkey

• Empirical
  • i'm a disgrace.
    • View Profile
Want some work in progress shots?  Well you're getting them anyway.

A Dark Angels Rhino tank.

The boss guys from Dark Vengeance.  One of them is a Librarian.  Shhhh!  The other is a Chapter Master, which is presumably the self-aggrandising name one of the library's patrons has given himself.

A zombie horde.  Brains.

Some more zombies, much closer to being finished - they're just in need of having some gore added.  I'm using an Army Painter strong tone dip, which shades them without me having to do anything!  It feels like cheating, but it's certainly the only way I'm likely to get a fully-painted horde of zombies on the table.  I'd recommend it.

Painting is a bit awkward at the moment, because I broke my wrist at 5-a-side last week.  It's my left wrist, so I can still paint, but I hold the minis in my left hand, and manipulating them is a bit trickier now.  As is typing this.  I'm having to press ahead though, as I'm scheduled to actually play a game of actual Warhammer 40,000 at the weekend.  I'm also having to read the rules as fast as possible.

Offline Ninchilla

• Empirical
    • View Profile
    • Ninchilla
TIL feltmonkey paints better with a broken wrist than I ever have.

Offline feltmonkey

• Empirical
  • i'm a disgrace.
    • View Profile
Zombie horde!

Offline cavalcade

• Legend
  • Popty Ping
    • View Profile
    • The doyouinverts

Offline feltmonkey

• Empirical
  • i'm a disgrace.
    • View Profile

Offline feltmonkey

• Empirical
  • i'm a disgrace.
    • View Profile
Here are some Sisters of the Thorn.  They were very fiddly and difficult to paint, but quite rewarding.  I went a bit crazy with the bases.

This one's got a big flag.  I was painting these for ilweran, so it's themed around her favorite things.  There's a white tree of Gondor and one of the stars from the same Tolkien banner, and the elvish symbol for tea.

I painted the same things on each side.  This one came out a bit better, I think.

Offline Prole

• Administrator
  • Empirical
  • Nunc tempus est ut terrore
    • MSN Messenger - Prole
    • View Profile
    • Email
These are all awesome.

Offline feltmonkey

• Empirical
  • i'm a disgrace.
    • View Profile
Thank you, you're too kind.

Offline feltmonkey

• Empirical
  • i'm a disgrace.
    • View Profile
Another Star Wars Imperial Assault guy.

Offline cavalcade

• Legend
  • Popty Ping
    • View Profile
    • The doyouinverts
<deletes photo of his own painting work>

Good stuff felt! The Sisters are properly pro work.

Offline feltmonkey

• Empirical
  • i'm a disgrace.
    • View Profile
Thanks.  They took months and months of work.  I must have put dozens of hours into painting them.

Don't delete photos of your stuff, post them!  Photos of miniatures are really hard, though.  I would have posted the sisters before, but it took three attempts to get some decent pics of them.  Also, every time I photograph anything, I notice some glaring problem with them that I want to correct.

Offline cavalcade

• Legend
  • Popty Ping
    • View Profile
    • The doyouinverts
I just paint to get painted minis on the table. I rarely spend longer than a couple of hours on one figure. I don't think even if I did spend longer painting them that they'd be much better though - I just have a lower skill/higher speed approach. But I do notice that I am getting quicker and more consistent at achieving average results, so I must be getting slightly better....

Some of the Mice and Mystics and Deadzone minis turned out OK, I'll try and get a photo.

Offline cavalcade

• Legend
  • Popty Ping
    • View Profile
    • The doyouinverts
Obviously not close to your standard felt, but I'm starting to feel I'm getting somewhere with the Orc. In the flesh the shading looks the closest I've got to a "proper" painted feel.

(that's a terrible photo - but trust me, the orc looks OK. Shame about some of the mould lines. I tried to tidy it up, but the quality of the figures with Deadzone isn't great.)