Username: Password:

Author Topic: Street Fighter V  (Read 2102 times)

Offline Alastor

• Empirical
    • View Profile
Street Fighter V
« Topic Start: February 15, 2016, 02:13:31 AM »
Right, it's out in day or so, imo this is a huge release and one that has come out in a time when we've all got the console it's out on and none of us have an advantage of playing it more than anyone else.

I really enjoyed the few games we had of TTT2 that time so I can't see this not being fun.

Unfortunately, some people are not happy with the lack of content it's launching with, I am on my iPod touch atm so I can't check but if I can train and fight you all online I'm happy tbh.

Who is getting it?

Koffdrop

Re: Street Fighter V
« Reply #1: February 15, 2016, 02:47:41 AM »
I'd love to get this. I regard SF as the king. I think the extreme OTT nature of the characters and their styling is outstanding.

But I'm shit at fighting games these days. If there is an ATB mode I may consider it.

Offline Alastor

• Empirical
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: February 15, 2016, 03:01:28 AM »
Well, none of us have played this (beta) before, right? Should be good.

I do think Tekke is still my favourite series but you can't beat some classic SF really, and yeah, they have some great character designs, like Dhalsim.

Offline Jimbob78

• Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: February 15, 2016, 03:48:46 AM »
I played SF4 to death, I would love to get this but just other gaming priorities at the moment. I had the official deluxe fightstick for SF4 which was amazing until I melted it (literally).

Offline martTM

• Empirical
  • Real men play Spencer
    • View Profile
    • Shoddy Journalism
    • Email
« Reply #4: February 15, 2016, 04:00:35 AM »
I will get it, because I'm an idiot who buys things without the time to play them properly.

Offline Garwoofoo

• Legend
  • Not Welsh
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: February 15, 2016, 04:11:26 AM »
I need to stop buying fighting games.  I keep buying them, playing them for a couple of days until furious and uncontrolled button mashing gets me no further, then put them back on the shelf and never touch them again.

I do like Street Fighter.  But I am exceptionally shit at it.  More so than most other series, in fact.

Offline Garwoofoo

• Legend
  • Not Welsh
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: February 15, 2016, 04:26:39 AM »
OK, having done some digging around, this is very bare-bones at launch.  No trials, no arcade mode, no single-player mode, only 16 characters etc etc.

And yay, they're going to be selling you all the bits you're missing via a Season Pass!

There were rumours that you'd be able to unlock all this stuff using in-game currency somehow but whether this is still a thing or how much you'd need to play to do that, I have no idea.  Certainly I'd be expecting to have to pay for all the extras.

Doesn't sound appealing, I have to say.

Offline martTM

• Empirical
  • Real men play Spencer
    • View Profile
    • Shoddy Journalism
    • Email
« Reply #7: February 15, 2016, 06:30:09 AM »
Fight Money is indeed a thing, but you're right - no idea how much you have to play to earn it. Likely a shittonne. And they missed a trick not calling it Bison Dollars. :)

Offline Ninchilla

• Empirical
    • View Profile
    • Ninchilla
« Reply #8: February 15, 2016, 08:58:09 AM »
Fight Money? That's a terrible name - even Street Fighter Monopoly (which is apparently a thing) uses Bison Dollars as its currency.

Offline Alastor

• Empirical
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: February 15, 2016, 11:43:39 AM »
I can see people put off by the barebones launch but honestly the only thing I'm really annoyed about is no 8 man lobbies, totally not in the spirit of a series that started on local arcades.

Offline Samor

• Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: February 15, 2016, 12:03:51 PM »
I'll probably get it, on pc. I'm just waiting 'till the first reports are in that it's not a horribly broken release, as that tends to be a thing with pc games.

Koffdrop

« Reply #11: February 15, 2016, 12:53:25 PM »
How about 'Bout Bucks'?

Offline Alastor

• Empirical
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: February 15, 2016, 01:13:41 PM »
I like Fight Money because it was part of Baltog's defeat quote in SF4 and...yeah, I think people liked it.

Offline JDubYes

• Empirical
  • Mower of toast
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: February 16, 2016, 05:12:14 AM »
I have it. Had a bit of a play last night once it unlocked, but it was just to get a feel for the game/characters, as my new fightpad hasn't shown up yet. Should be today, hopefully.

Looking at the pre-release stuff, the characters I was most interested in were Bison, FANG and Nash, but I (still) just don't get on with charge characters, so the Shadaloo reps there are probably both out. Shame. FANG really reminded me of Duo Lon from KOF in a way, so I was hoping...

Nash definitely seems fun though, actually reminds me a bit of Adon(a good thing) with a fireball, and I love his V-Skill for winning fireball wars, as well as the fact he has a teleport I actually can/will use. I think he's now pretty much a shoo-in for being my first main.

Oh, and barebones is about right. The Story Mode is fucking hilarious. I did eight rounds total yesterday, and had completed the story modes for Ryu, Chunners and Nash (to 100%) by doing so. It's unreal.

Offline Alastor

• Empirical
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: February 16, 2016, 12:22:36 PM »
I'm still only concerned about wether onlinei s working atm, as it wasn't for me last night.

Anyway, I'm 99% maining Karin regardless but I had a quick blast with everyone on training yesterday, my god Rashid looks fierce! FANG is already better than Rufus for me as far as those daft character types go, wdidn't try Laura long enough to get what she's about, all the returning characters are great too, Chun Li's lightning kicks aren't inputted by mashing the kick button like a scrub anymore and Vega isn't even a charge character anymore. :)

The new game systems seem great, V-Art is different for everyone and so is everyone's V-Trigger, Necali's is a permanent transformation for the entire round, Chun-Li's just adds more hits to her attacks giving her more combos and pressure I presume. :)