Username: Password:

Author Topic: Nintendo Switch  (Read 18479 times)

Offline Garwoofoo

• Legend
  • Not Welsh
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo Switch
« Reply #195: December 31, 2017, 03:07:04 PM »
Yeah, the Pro Controller might be worth the investment though for people who play primarily on the TV.  It's a seriously nice controller, like a weightier version of the Xbox 360 controller, with built-in motion control and Amiibo scanning too. It's a definite improvement on the "joycons in the grip" approach (which admittedly is pretty clever) and I'm particularly pleased with it because it allows me to quickly switch between portable and TV mode without having to constantly disconnect and reconnect the joycons. Drop the Switch in the dock, pick up the controller and carry on.

Offline Alastor

• Empirical
    • View Profile
« Reply #196: December 31, 2017, 06:19:15 PM »
Ah yeah, it does sound pretty good but like you say, the joycon thing is so clever I'm okfor now.

Offline martTM

• Empirical
  • Real men play Spencer
    • View Profile
    • Shoddy Journalism
    • Email
« Reply #197: January 02, 2018, 08:39:11 AM »
... it allows me to quickly switch between portable and TV mode without having to constantly disconnect and reconnect the joycons. Drop the Switch in the dock, pick up the controller and carry on.

Just an FYI: not Nintendo games since they're done properly, but some games refuse to let you play in TV/Tabletop mode without disconnecting the Joy-Cons for some reason. Worms WMD is a particular culprit I know of, since we have it and the boy can't play in any mode unless the Joy-Cons are taken off first. Most irritating.  <_<

Offline big mean bunny

• Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #198: March 11, 2018, 10:45:09 AM »
Thought my mate was winding me up when he said there was going to be a dark souls Amiibo, but there is, and it looks magnificent.