Username: Password:

Author Topic: Tales From The Loop RPG Kickstarter  (Read 591 times)

Offline Brian Bloodaxe

• Legend
  • The natural enemy of giant insects.
    • View Profile
    • Email
Tales From The Loop RPG Kickstarter
« Topic Start: December 15, 2016, 04:44:25 AM »
I should have brought this to your attention sooner but there's still a few hours left in the Kickstarter if you are interested...

Tales From The Loop is the RPG based on the amazing artwork of Simon Stalenhag. Just take a look, it's incredible. Crazy science fiction tech, scattered around Swedish rural communities. It reminds me of a less violent, more snowy, City 17.

The game sounds like it is going to be every bit as good as the art which has inspired it, it uses the well received Mutant Future system, which I haven't played but I have heard only good things about and it's being written by that game's author. The RPG will focus on kids exploring the twisted environment, and I welcome any RPG which doesn't focus on combat.

It's going to come with a bunch of scenarios, a Swedish setting, an American setting and guidelines for turning your own hometown into a setting and they are promising to get the initial beta PDF out to backers before Christmas.

I've backed it, I thought some of you might be interested.

Tales from the Loop RPG kickstarter

Offline Hapimeses

• Empirical
  • Hah-pim-ess-eez
    • View Profile
    • http://www.hapimeses.com/
    • Email
Re: Tales From The Loop RPG Kickstarter
« Reply #1: December 15, 2016, 04:55:09 AM »
Already backed. Because me.

Offline Brian Bloodaxe

• Legend
  • The natural enemy of giant insects.
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Tales From The Loop RPG Kickstarter
« Reply #2: April 27, 2017, 06:39:32 PM »
I received my book today. To say I'm please with the end result would be an understatement. I wrote a sort-of review here: https://ominosity.wordpress.com/2017/04/27/tales-from-the-loop-rpg-first-impressions/