Username: Password:

Author Topic: Monster Hunter World (Switch gets dunked on!!!)  (Read 1824 times)

Offline Alastor

• Empirical
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Hunter World (Switch gets dunked on!!!)
« Reply #15: February 28, 2018, 01:57:51 PM »
Yes, I enjoyed it though because it was easy and I did it with a friend, helped that Ryu's theme plays in the background and I bought the Hadoken/Shoryuken emotes and every time my friend put the massive Barroth to sleep and set bombs, I set the bombs off with a trusty Hadoken. XD

Offline Garwoofoo

• Legend
  • Not Welsh
    • View Profile
I do think the Event Quests are fun, it’s just a shame you have to do them so many times. I didn’t get Ryu’s outfit in the end, doing that Barroth seven times seemed like absolute overkill. But I did do this week’s Wiggler quest for the ridiculous hat, and I reckon I can take down four big Anjanaths for the Aloy outfit too.

Offline Alastor

• Empirical
    • View Profile
Again, anyone wants help. I can come by.

Offline Garwoofoo

• Legend
  • Not Welsh
    • View Profile
Holy hell that HR29 quest to take out two Bagelgoose. I might need some help with that one. It roars, it carpet bombs me, I cart.

Offline Alastor

• Empirical
    • View Profile
I can!

He's such a cool monster, best thing to do here is let them fuck each other up tbh.

Offline Garwoofoo

• Legend
  • Not Welsh
    • View Profile
I'm seriously considering making myself a ranged weapon of some description and just taking pot shots at them as they scrap.  Getting in close with the hammer is way too much of a gamble.  Not sure if I have enough miscellaneous parts to construct anything suitably high level from scratch though.

Offline martTM

• Empirical
  • Real men play Spencer
    • View Profile
    • Shoddy Journalism
    • Email
Mmmm, goose bagel. Tasty.

Offline Alastor

• Empirical
    • View Profile
He's probably the coolest monster in the game (It's basically a Monster version of a bombing aircraft) but he's notoriousfor ineruppting absolutely every Hunt not about him, you'llbe hunting Rathian in the Forest and then all of sudden this guy is carpet bombing the place, it's hilarious but annoying.

I don't blame you for wanting to go ranged for flying enemies, but he usually only flies when he's doing his fucking air raid shit at which point you can flash him to the ground. This makes him about a million timesl ess annoying than that piece of shit, Rathalos imo since he flies all day every day and it's just a flash-athon. I usually Lance him and stabbing his weak points tail and chin) is strangel satisfying. Also have to watch out for the scales he leaves behind, if he's not enraged they won't glow until ue ignites them and by then you're probably hitting him whilst surrounded by them without realising.

! No longer available

Offline Garwoofoo

• Legend
  • Not Welsh
    • View Profile
Yeah, one of the really great things about Monster Hunter that isn't remarked upon often enough is that all the monsters have really distinct personalities, you really get to know them over time.  Unfortunately in the case of Bazelgeuse, its personality is that it's a dick.  I've been gatecrashed by that thing so many times, shitting all over the landscape while I'm trying to take down something else, but this is the first time I've seriously attempted to take one (two) down.

But! A quick go over lunchtime and they are down!  I made a respectable Light Bowgun, specced up my Blast and Fire resistance and did everything I could to keep my distance while they fought.  Trapped them both as they slept.  To be honest using a ranged weapon was quite an enjoyable change of pace, although I don't think I'd have the patience to keep on top of ammo supplies all the time (and for some reason the bowgun I crafted couldn't use most of them anyway, and I don't know how I was supposed to have worked that out.  But never mind).

So now I'm HR 31 and all I need is one more Carapace to make a Bazelgeuse Hat, which seems like the perfect way to teach it a lesson.

Offline Alastor

• Empirical
    • View Profile
My ranged weapon of Choice is the Bow, where I only have to worry about coatings, but I only really use it for enemies I feel like I have to (such as Rathalos), but using the Dragon Piercer move (shot that tunnels straight through a monster hitting every hittable point on the way) over and over is extremely satifying on even land monsters, providing they are really long from head to tail.

I think I used a mix of Teo and Goose parts for my Blast Lance set, so he's pretty good, and also his Hunting Horn which has Attack Up XL for everyone which is apparently 30% extra attack which is why it's my 4 player weapon of choice, since everyone will love me which is my true goal. T_T

Offline Smellavision

• Monarch
    • View Profile
Finally got around to downloading MHW last weekend, and then haven’t really been able to sink much time into it.

Got to HR4 quests, and couldn’t figure out how to make sure I had some other hunters along with me.

Got as far as the Shadow in the water quest and was unable to make any progress on my own.

Then last night realised I hadn’t upgraded my armour or any of the other weapons available to me. Started doing that and realised I’d run out of money!

Then I figured out how to join in others expeditions and got a chance to farm some of the smaller beasts and plants.

I think I’m loving this game more than any of the previous ones.

Offline Garwoofoo

• Legend
  • Not Welsh
    • View Profile
Creating and upgrading weapons and armour to allow you to take down bigger monsters (or specific monsters) is pretty much the point of the game.  It's not so important at low rank but keep an eye on the skills each piece of armour or each weapon gives you.  They can make a huge difference.  Later on you'll get bonuses for wearing at least three pieces of the same armour set, so you can really mix and match to give you the exact set of skills you need to tackle some of the late-game creatures.

I've in a slight rut with this now, around HR 40 - I don't unlock the ability to Augment my armour until HR 50, so there's no point tackling any tempered creatures until then as it just makes my life more difficult.  And all of the actual worthwhile upgrades (especially for weapons) come from the Elder Dragons, so I'm basically just tackling the same few end-game creatures over and over again hoping for rare drops.  It's still fun but I could do with some more variety. I think I'll probably focus on the weekly Event Quests and Limited Bounties until HR 50, just to mix it up a bit.

Deviljho next week, though - that should be fun.

Offline Alastor

• Empirical
    • View Profile
DELETED - Wrong thread, though it's my thread and I can theoretically do what I want!!!1111

Offline Alastor

• Empirical
    • View Profile
So, erm, Gar. Enjoying that Tempered Deviljho quest?  :^)

Offline Garwoofoo

• Legend
  • Not Welsh
    • View Profile
I haven't even fought regular Deviljho yet! When I've been able to get on this week, I've been farming Vaal Hazek: those Fang+ drops are aggravatingly rare and I need loads of them.

He did crop up once when I was fighting something else in the forest so I have seen him thrashing around. I need to go find some tracks though to unlock his investigation I think.