Username: Password:

Author Topic: Nintendo Classic Mini: SNES Edition  (Read 2372 times)

Offline Brian Bloodaxe

• Legend
  • The natural enemy of giant insects.
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Nintendo Classic Mini: SNES Edition
« Reply #30: March 19, 2018, 08:30:34 AM »
I got one of these at last!

I have game paralysis. No idea what to play. I think it might have to be Super Metroid but my boy's very keen on trying out Kirby.

I noticed they are available for sensible money now. If you have two controllers the first priority really should be Secret of Mana.

Offline martTM

• Empirical
  • Real men play Spencer
    • View Profile
    • Shoddy Journalism
    • Email
« Reply #31: March 19, 2018, 09:04:43 AM »
I'm genuinely surprised no technical wizard has taken apart a couple of Wii Remotes and used the Nunchuck connections on the bottom (which are the same females as the SNES Mini controller plugs) to fashion a multi-tap for the SNES Mini. Secret Of Mana just isn't the same if you're not playing with three people.

Do you want me to walk you through hacking it and slapping loads of games on there, Gar? I have the package I used (so, the hack software and a bunch of ROMs) which I can send to you digitally if you like...

Offline Garwoofoo

• Legend
  • Not Welsh
    • View Profile
« Reply #32: March 19, 2018, 10:26:54 AM »
Do you want me to walk you through hacking it and slapping loads of games on there, Gar? I have the package I used (so, the hack software and a bunch of ROMs) which I can send to you digitally if you like...

That would be great. I've seen there are a few video guides out there but if you've actually done it and it works then that would presumably be the safest route.  There's nothing I'm desperate to get on there at the moment (though I'm sure there are some great games I've forgotten) but no harm in increasing my options.

Offline martTM

• Empirical
  • Real men play Spencer
    • View Profile
    • Shoddy Journalism
    • Email
« Reply #33: March 19, 2018, 11:55:58 AM »
I'll sort it when I get back to my PC tomorrow. :)