Username: Password:

Author Topic: I Love Pwb!  (Read 895 times)

Offline aniki

• Empirical
  • never knows best
    • View Profile
    • the demon download
Re: I Love Pwb!
« Reply #15: February 13, 2018, 05:46:49 AM »
Play
Of all things, Elite Dangerous. I've put over a dozen hours in over the past week or so, breaking the 40m credit mark and buying my first proper combat-ready ship. (I still stuck at dogfighting though so it's more as a precaution than to go bounty hunting.) The instigating incident was the recent open beta, which I fired up briefly but left when I realised that any progress I made would be cleared at the end - I'll just wait for the changes to hit public and keep saving up for the new Alliance ship (the Chieftain) that's coming along with them.

Want
That there Shadow of the Colossus remake is tempting but given that I've owned and never completed the previous two releases I think I'll steer clear for now.

Bin
Nothing for now.

Offline Ninchilla

• Empirical
    • View Profile
    • Ninchilla
« Reply #16: February 13, 2018, 07:20:26 AM »

Play
Of all things, Elite Dangerous. I've put over a dozen hours in over the past week or so, breaking the 40m credit mark--

How? I don't play it that much, but getting to the 8 million or so I have has felt like a real uphill struggle.

Offline aniki

• Empirical
  • never knows best
    • View Profile
    • the demon download
« Reply #17: February 13, 2018, 07:32:30 AM »
How? I don't play it that much, but getting to the 8 million or so I have has felt like a real uphill struggle.

Persistence.

Pick a thing you want to do (trading or exploration are cheapest and easiest, but also get quite tedious as they're just 'fly to lots of destinations'), spec your ship for it (exploration tends to need less money on armour/shields, as you won't be carrying anything worth pirating, but the scanners, fuel scoop and FSD drive to make it really profitable will eat credits), and stick at it.

Plus I lucked into the top 50% of a community goal which netted me 17m.

Offline aniki

• Empirical
  • never knows best
    • View Profile
    • the demon download
« Reply #18: February 18, 2018, 04:48:32 AM »
There must be something in the water, because I'm inexplicably back onto another open-world game: Breath of the Wild. After a few months away, I'm stuck right back in - in the last two days I've found the Master Sword (but not retrieved it yet), made it into the Gerudo city, found a second Great Fairy and finished uncovering the map. I'm trying to finish a few more shrines at the moment, though I really should stop avoiding combat so much - I desperately need to learn how to dodge at least basic enemies consistently.

Offline martTM

• Empirical
  • Real men play Spencer
    • View Profile
    • Shoddy Journalism
    • Email
« Reply #19: February 19, 2018, 08:24:45 AM »
Additional PLAY:

The End Is Nigh - Gone back to this, because I thought I was close to finishing it. I mean, I was! The map screen said 80% done, I only had a handful of tumours left to collect (aside from the secret ones) and I was right near the final item needed to build my new best friend. Did it, saw the happy ending... and then it would appear that the world died again. More levels! Except now, the amount of tumours I collected in the first bit become my lives and I've only got a limited number of attempts at each set of 20 levels (the lives reset if you can get to a warp point at the start of each section). Interesting. I'm still enjoying it because although it's hard, it's not impossibly so... I did the first set of 20 levels only dying about 200 times (!). Best plug away at it then. Glad I got it on Switch rather than PS4 though, as I think this is one instance where going for the trophies would finish me off good and proper.

Fortnite - Why am I enjoying this? I hate online multiplayer games, and I can't stand competitive shooters. Then again, I don't appear to be doing much shooting here since everyone else seems quite happy to kill each other while I'm hiding under stairwells or in small sheds out of the way from the action. Haven't finished lower than 20th yet just by being patient and careful, which is more enjoyable than it sounds. In fact, I think I've only scored four kills total to date and one of those was because someone decided they would try to hide in the same place I did. It shouldn't be fun, sitting doing very little while the clock ticks away, but it is. Surprisingly so. Not sure how long that'll last (and I'll be honest, I didn't really enjoy much of what I played of the PvE bit so I'm glad I got that free rather than dropping £30+ on it), but I'm playing for now...