Username: Password:

Author Topic: Sea of Thieves  (Read 1707 times)

Offline Ninchilla

• Empirical
    • View Profile
    • Ninchilla
Re: Sea of Thieves
« Reply #30: March 27, 2018, 06:22:43 AM »
Is that regular XBONE, or BONEX? I know there are a few issues with the BONEX version, but mine is currently patching (PC), so maybe they fixed stuff?

Offline aniki

• Empirical
  • never knows best
    • View Profile
    • the demon download
« Reply #31: March 27, 2018, 06:29:37 AM »
I failed my first fix or six attempts because my ship just kept disappearing. I would park it (wrong word...), go off and find some booty, then just realise I was stranded.

How - and where - did you park it?

I lost a ship this morning mid-skeleton-murder-mission, I think because I'd missed one of three holes made by a skeleton cannon on approach; I just stashed the bounty skull behind a bush and took a mermaid to my respawned ship, then sailed back to the island - more carefully this time - and picked it up again.

Offline Mr Party Hat

• Empirical
    • View Profile
« Reply #32: March 27, 2018, 06:33:23 AM »
XBONE S.

Doesn't bother me, it's gorgeous without HDR. I've just never actually seen HDR, despite my TV and console supporting it. So I was curious how much better it could be!

Eurogamer just gave this a recommended, and seem to be a lot keener on it than most review sites. I hope it does well, not just because it's a British dev but because it's such a lovely antidote to all the ADHD leveling up and grinding games seem to ask of you these days.

...I'm turning into Dok aren't I?

How - and where - did you park it?

I lost a ship this morning mid-skeleton-murder-mission, I think because I'd missed one of three holes made by a skeleton cannon on approach; I just stashed the bounty skull behind a bush and took a mermaid back to my respawned ship, then sailed to the island - more carefully this time and picked it up again.

Hmm I'll pay more attention to hull integrity before I disembark next time!

Who needs end-game content when you can learn about hull integrity?  :lol:

Offline martTM

• Empirical
  • Real men play Spencer
    • View Profile
    • Shoddy Journalism
    • Email
« Reply #33: March 27, 2018, 06:35:27 AM »
Who needs end-game content when you can learn about hull integrity?  :lol:

Now *there's* the general lifestyle mantra I've been looking for all these years.

Offline Ninchilla

• Empirical
    • View Profile
    • Ninchilla
« Reply #34: March 27, 2018, 10:38:48 AM »
A couple of times now, I've spawned in to find my ship already taking on water; in one case, it sank before I even got to it.

Offline big mean bunny

• Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #35: March 27, 2018, 05:45:25 PM »
Sometimes you can damage it on shallow waters and then the holes begin to appear without leaks, then the leak starts. When solo pirating I always have a check below deck before launching myself out the cannon directly onto the island.

Might already do this but I usually stash my sails and turn the lights off. If you've parked the right way for an exit lowering the sails doesnt add too much and its worth it for the extra sealth at night when docked.

Offline Ninchilla

• Empirical
    • View Profile
    • Ninchilla
« Reply #36: March 28, 2018, 04:37:25 AM »
Yeah, I always run with lanterns dark.

Offline martTM

• Empirical
  • Real men play Spencer
    • View Profile
    • Shoddy Journalism
    • Email
« Reply #37: March 28, 2018, 06:19:37 AM »
When solo pirating I always have a check below deck before launching myself

Good lord, this thread's a veritable bounty of personal life advice.

Offline Ninchilla

• Empirical
    • View Profile
    • Ninchilla
« Reply #38: March 28, 2018, 06:10:04 PM »
Most of the way to my eventual intended Pirate Look (tm):

I want to replace the hat with the Sovereign, at the very least; maybe swap out the trousers for something else, too. Other than that, I'm pretty content. Me hearties.

Offline aniki

• Empirical
  • never knows best
    • View Profile
    • the demon download
« Reply #39: March 28, 2018, 06:30:01 PM »
...How? I've only just scraped together enough money for the shirt I wanted; the jacket is still many thousands of doubloons out of reach and I've yet to even dream of the day I can afford the trousers.

Have you discovered One Quick Method To Earn Gold That Land-Lubbers Hate, or am I just not sinking enough time into this thing?

Offline Ninchilla

• Empirical
    • View Profile
    • Ninchilla
« Reply #40: March 28, 2018, 06:37:11 PM »
Not really - I just want less, I think; that's the starting jacket, and belt/boots/gloves aren't loads. The trousers and hat are from the Black Dog preorder set. I mean, yeah, I lucked out with captain's chests on a voyage this evening, but even then just scraped together the 5,300-ish for the shirt with 70-something to spare after a one-captain Souls mission and selling a couple of barrels of gunpowder. I'm still only 12/7/8, if you want a sense of how much I've been playing.

Offline Ninchilla

• Empirical
    • View Profile
    • Ninchilla
« Reply #41: March 29, 2018, 07:20:30 PM »
Engaged in our first bit of "proper" piracy this evening, as we were set upon by another sloop crew as we arrived at an outpost. Sarah ran ahead with some rare silks, and managed to confuse one of our pursuers long enough to cash it in by getting lost on the way. Meanwhile, I snuck aboard their ship as they unloaded cannons into ours, and went nuts with a cutlass. In the end, we actually managed to deliver everything bar one bounty skull; but then I blunderbussed one of them in the back and stole their (better) one. Yarr!

Then we went to another island, what we were promptly attacked by a different sloop crew. These guys spotted us swimming towards them, though, and promptly sailed out of range.

And the whole time, we never captured the chickens we were supposed to be after...

Offline Ninchilla

• Empirical
    • View Profile
    • Ninchilla
« Reply #42: March 30, 2018, 05:18:28 AM »
Custom saaaaaaaails!

Those are an alpha(?) test reward. There's a title, too.